Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas on VZ

Nux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
Just got MY VZ with 150000 on it, Looking to put it on gas, have been quoted $3800, vapour injection or something, apparently the only option? is this right, price ok? any tips would be appreciated, I know we get $2k back from Kev, so that helps.:bow:

blownba

Reaction score
Liquid injection is the only way to go.
MORE power than petrol more torque as well. (it poos on premium unleaded petrol performance) and gives the best economy of any LPG system.
it is THE most desirable LPG system in the world at the moment.
Google JTG liquid injection and have a look.
Or go on Aus LPG warehouse website and look there.

Or the standard vapour injection is still a very viable prospect. No loss of power and NEVER backfires (neither will Li), but beware some lesser systsem will switch back to petrol at high RPM because their injectors don't flow enough. Eurogas Vapour injection runs the Kehein injectors which are by far the best vapour injectors in the world and do not suffer from oil contamination (like some cheap LPG injection systems do) and it will flow enogh LPG to run a 6.2L all the awy to redline on GAS.

Choose your installer carefully. Ask to see testimonials and photos of their work. The installer will make or break your conversion.
And don't always go for the cheapest.
With LPG conversions you really do get what you pay for.
The JTG liquid injection and Eurogas vapour injection come with 3 year 100,000km warranty. The best on the market.

You cannot get a old school mixer system on VZ because they are built after Jan '04.
Anything built after then requires a fully emission complienced LPG system to be fitted to be legal.
No one to my knowledge has a emission complied mixer system. plus you just wouldn't do it with a VZ with drive by wire. it will backfire like a animal.

Hope that helps.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
Yup, there many with VZs who have had gas installed on them for years. As blownba said above, only injected systems are legal, and you will get the same if not more power and torque depending on what system you choose to install.

blownba, just out of curiosity, have you ever done a VZ using Eurogas SVI? Would you be able to show me what the system looks like under the bonnet of a VZ/VE V6?

Regards,
Dave

blownba

Reaction score
No sorry not Eurogas.
But I have done it with JTG liquid injection and Tartarini vapour injection.
Thats all.
I havent done that many VZ's really. maybee 5 or 6 all up.
Done plenty of VT/VY's with Eurogas vapor injection.
Runs sick!!!
All the way to redline on gas and fantastic power and economy.
The Kehein injectors of the Eurogas system are the best in the world.
Thats why all the really big HP vapour injeted motors I have seen around the world use the Kehein injectors.
The flow the most of any vapour injectors on the market and do not suffer from oil ingression affecting drive ability.

The only Eurogas underbonnet pics I have here are of a AU 6 BA 3V V8. and Magna 3.5L.
I can post one of them if you like.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
Just out of interest, do the Eurogas and Tartarini systems allow the use of those plastic turtle-shell engine covers after installation? The reason I'm asking is because our Sprintgas/OMVL system definitely does not...

Regards,
Dave

blownba

Reaction score
The JTG does. I know that for sure.LOL
But so does Tartarini, cause the matrix injectors are very compact and fit almost anywhere.
The Eurogas probably wouldn't though. They are a little bulky.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
The JTG does. I know that for sure.LOL

Oh wow! JTG FTW then. Because there is no converter, a JTG installation would be almost completely hidden if what you said is correct. Way to go!

Thanks!

Regards,
Dave