Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas System Recommendation for MY10 SSV

NazSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi,

Looking at putting our MY10 SSV onto gas, interested to hear others feedback on the systems they have installed, what system you decided on, why etc?

Have been looking at Eco Gas and Sprint Gas systems, has anyone had either installed, what do you think of it, how does the car run, how many km's you're getting to the tank etc?

Cheers,

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm considering going gas, as i'm considering cam and the results power wise from injected systems have been impressive. Afi gas is working on a new system for the L98 which is due mid year, have a read here.

LPGAS1 - LP Gas Conversions - Australia Wide

A local installer here expects to receive a system within the next few weeks to install on his ute for trial and is contacting us when it is done so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of them.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
I have the ICOM JTG liquid injected system on my SSV ute. Haven't had any problems with it. All its got is an OTR and when we were tuning, it did a logged 0-100 in 5 secs flat and has ran a best of 13.1 for the 1/4 mile at eastern creek.

Why did I choose that system? Slight increase in power without tuning plus no increase in fuel usage as well as it starts on petrol. Broke even in 10 months, roughly 40k km. I'm getting between 500 to 550 km's to 70 litres and I have a 110 litre torpedo tank running along the back of the cabin. Its costing me the same as a 4 cylinder to run! Oh, and I'm putting a CAM in next week too.

Terry Appleby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Manual
I have the ICOM JTG liquid injected system on my SSV ute. Haven't had any problems with it. All its got is an OTR and when we were tuning, it did a logged 0-100 in 5 secs flat and has ran a best of 13.1 for the 1/4 mile at eastern creek.

Why did I choose that system? Slight increase in power without tuning plus no increase in fuel usage as well as it starts on petrol. Broke even in 10 months, roughly 40k km. I'm getting between 500 to 550 km's to 70 litres and I have a 110 litre torpedo tank running along the back of the cabin. Its costing me the same as a 4 cylinder to run! Oh, and I'm putting a CAM in next week too.

Same here ICOM JTG liquid injected system on a WM Caprice, cheap as chips to run, and about 40k break even, then its real cheap motoring!

NazSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks for the replies.

I'll have a look into the ICOM JTG system, anyone know any installers in Victoria?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Sprint Gas Vapour Injection system here, was on the car when I bought it and I can't fault it. About 1.1L LPG to 1L of PULP and sweet FA power loss. Was a very expensive system when it was installed but can probs pick it up cheaper now

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
Does this void warranty? And how much for the icom jtg system..

Interested in this as well, My fuel economy is currently on hwy 11.5L/ 100 and 19-20 L/100 around town (taking it fairly easy) So the saving would be great

Cheers