Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gas tanks

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
has anyone put a gas tank where your spare would be? If so do you know an average price for one? been thinking about going on gas, but for keeping the spare and sub in the back, the cleanest solution i can think of is putting the gas tank where the spare sits now, and sitting the sub and spare in the boot.

Or if you have another setup feel free to show me how yours is set up.

Thanks Jarrod

M

mwb235

You can get a "donut tank" to go in the spare wheel well - that's what they use for station wagons. I haven't actually seen it done in a sedan but it would have been done heaps of times before. I have heard some people even fit two tanks into their sedan (i.e. normal one plus a donut tank) for outback driving and carry their spares in the trailer etc.

I was looking at fitting a donut tank to my VT on a straight-gas setup. I planned on removing the petrol tank altogether and fitting a spacesaver under there using a VS Ute-style winch setup or something (i don't think a full-size spare would have the required clearance).

But in the end i didn't because i couldn't find any installers who were interested in fitting a donut tank into a sedan, and because i don't have the knowledge/skills to do it myself.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
i have a gas tank were my spare tyre goes . . . but its not the kind of gas tank your thinking of he he he its blue !!!

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
You can get a "donut tank" to go in the spare wheel well - that's what they use for station wagons. I haven't actually seen it done in a sedan but it would have been done heaps of times before. I have heard some people even fit two tanks into their sedan (i.e. normal one plus a donut tank) for outback driving and carry their spares in the trailer etc.

I was looking at fitting a donut tank to my VT on a straight-gas setup. I planned on removing the petrol tank altogether and fitting a spacesaver under there using a VS Ute-style winch setup or something (i don't think a full-size spare would have the required clearance).

But in the end i didn't because i couldn't find any installers who were interested in fitting a donut tank into a sedan, and because i don't have the knowledge/skills to do it myself.

might have to ask around and see if anyone will do one of these donut tanks for me, thanks for the quick reply

i have a gas tank were my spare tyre goes . . . but its not the kind of gas tank your thinking of he he he its blue !!!

hahaha awesome

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
lol..........

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
cops have never even looked

dammit_billy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 Manual
i had the same problem when i put the car on dedicated gas no-one was interested in doing the setup with a donut tank because it is too hard to get the filler where it noramlly goes without customising it and they just want to do the quickest install posible so they can get the next car in