Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas!!

lewis8805

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hey i just got a vs statesman 1999 series 3 , its DUAL fuel and i was just wondering if there is any power loss in a VS statesman from using LPG over petrol

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Can't you tell just by driving it on each fuel :) . The short answer is some, even on petrol because of slightly greater flow restriction through the gas carb., but not much. When was the last time you had to use full throttle anyway?

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
what sort of gas system is it? mixer they reckon about 20% more consumption and less power, injection type reckon consumption and power are about same. ive got mixer and u do notice it but only when u put ur foot down, for crusing its fine and cheaper...

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
I have only noticed a power struggle between fuel and gas when towing and running up hills, for a V6 it's a little more noticable than a V8 but i guess it's all relivant to how you drive...

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'll put this in simple terms

Gas is sh*t for these reasons:

1. Less powerful, i.e. it is far less responsive compared to petrol and has a very laggy feel on the accelerator

2. Increased consumption compared to petrol, I get around 200-250k's out of a tank and I rarely give it a bootful

3. wears your engine out quicker

However, there is an injection system for gas that costs around $2000 that supposedly has no negative effects, i.e. less responsive, less economy...

If your using gas just to get to A-B, then its awesome, especially the $20 tanks weekly as opposed to $50 - $80

but if I had the money to put 2 tanks of petrol in my VS S-Pack each week then I would do it...unfortunately, uni students like me are pov.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Got a 99 vs supercharged 6 stato and its got vapuor injection just got it to run right after 2 months when lpgas1 Lilydale couldn't figure it out even though they installed it and charged me over $800 for diagnosing bad earths on my O2 sensors but the good news is that it now gets 500klm's to a 70ltr tank of gas mix of city/highway?

Last edited: