Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gauge problems

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
run the feed for the gauges from the pink wire fuse #9 under dash if this does not solve the problem your gauges couldbe faulty. also has the wiring from alternator to battery been replaced. over time the cable gets a big increase in resistance this wire in standard config is spliced about half way to the battery to supply fusible links that supply power to ign etc i use #6b&s cable for this you will be surprised at the difference it makes.ifyou have a multimeter check power at headlight with engine running & lights on any less than 12.8 volts aternator cale will be where your problem lies

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers bro, ill have a go at that, thanks heaps for your help!

Last edited:

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
run the feed for the gauges from the pink wire fuse #9 under dash if this does not solve the problem your gauges couldbe faulty. also has the wiring from alternator to battery been replaced. over time the cable gets a big increase in resistance this wire in standard config is spliced about half way to the battery to supply fusible links that supply power to ign etc i use #6b&s cable for this you will be surprised at the difference it makes.ifyou have a multimeter check power at headlight with engine running & lights on any less than 12.8 volts aternator cale will be where your problem lies

hey mate, i finaly got round to doing this today, and im till having problems, the voltge at the left headlight was 13.48 (engine running etc) volt meter in car confirms this. also the power is running from the big pink wire behing fuse 9. not the 2 little ones... im guessing thats rite. any way its still jumping up whe i turn on the headlights, have the radio up loud, turn on the wipers or indicators or even apply the breaks. ive tryd everything, ive heat shielded the sender wres and all, anything else that it could be? aside from the gauge or the sender??

sorry to be a pain, and sorry its taken so long to get back to you

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
have yor battery & charging system checked properly. just because the engine starts dosent mean the battery can handle the load