Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gauges frozen, fuel gauge ticking / jumping after resetting service message

dozenmatta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sedan Barbados Mica Blue
2011 VE: I had an overdue service message displaying, 165K but it got serviced by dealer at 163K , so i finally got around to clearing it at 175K by holding trip button and pressing enter.

Straight after doing this, the fuel gauge started jumping in place and the dash started ticking. the ticking continues after turning off ignition and getting out and locking. Everytime I start the ignition now, the gauges are all just dead in their last position, and the ticking / jump fuel gauge starts, but stops after 2-3 minutes, but is not changing position.

Any ideas? should I check all fuses? if i disconnect the battery will it somehow reset it? Im pretty sure the gauges never stayed in place before, but now i cant really remmeber as ive not had it that long.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
A battery disconnect might work.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i wouldn't wait until morning if the ticking is continuing with car locked up
you will probably burn something out
i would disconnect battery asap

dozenmatta

Reaction score
Members Ride
I disconnected the battery, and at the same time pulled out the related fuses to check and re-seated them, now all good after next start up.

dozenmatta

Reaction score
Members Ride
i wouldn't wait until morning if the ticking is continuing with car locked up
you will probably burn something out
i would disconnect battery asap
Yeah i was worried the first time, but it does stop ticking after a few minutes, but all gauges were staying in last position. I was thinking that may draw some power, but even after i disconnected the battery the gauges stayed in position so apparently it wouldnt.