Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gauges - water temp and oil pressure

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
hey again, im planing to get some of those aftermarket gauges, any suggestions on whitch ones to get? im lookin for warter temp and oil pressure

also how easy are they to install? im rollin a v6 VS, will the guages even work on it lol?

cheers guys

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
it really depends on how much you wanna pay for the different brands. fairly easy to install. all you gotta do is mount the gauges and then run wires to the sender units you have to fit in the various places

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
so ill have to fit the sender units aswell? or can i use the existing ones (for the regular gauges?)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Speco are the best value for money. You won't pay out your arse, and you'll get a good looking, quality product. For water temp, you'll need a corresponding sensor (one should come with the kit, if not, buy it) and then if you're OCD like me, you'll need to get a secondary temp sensor mount so that you have somewhere to hook up your dashboard gauge, so it still works :) It would annoy me having a dead gauge on the dash.

For the oil pressure, you're best off running a t-piece into the oil pressure switch on top of the oil filter.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
ive said it before and ill say it again, your a legend bro! thanks for all your help

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hey no worries mate :) Think of me as the night watchman of the forum, covering the hours from sunset to sunrise :p lol