Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gauges

mistermeena

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0
anyone know if its possible/legal to just rip out your instrument cluster and replace it with aftermarket gauges like autometers or something? some idiot at holden put the speedo in the center where the tacho should be...as if i care what speed im doing!

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
Simple answer to that!
Buy a mazda RX7 with the huge arse tacho stairing you in the face!
Or even a mini for that matter, speedo in middle tacho right in front. :p

I cant see it being a legal issue so long as your speedo odometer reads genuine km's and everything works correctly.

be an expensive project i would imagine.
Not to mention a wiring loom nightmare!

speedotom

Auto Instrument Repairer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubmud.com.au
Members Ride
2003 V2 CV8-R MONARO
I've done a couple of older cars, fitted after market gauges, for a speedo, tacho, fuel, temp, oil and volts your looking at about $800.00.

VR's rely on the there own speedo for a pulse to the ECM, and trying to find an after market fuel gauge to match the sender could be hard.

It would look awesome, the ones I have done look great, I'm doing an old XT Falcon ute at the moment with VDO gauges (very reliable and accurate).

I think you'll have to do your homework, If your really keen there are ways around these things.

Let me know if I can help you anymore.
speedotom