Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gauges

jonny6guns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS MALLOO UTE,HSV ENHANCED 5 LITRE
Can I swap a triple window set of gauges straight over from a single window set on my vy v6

jonny6guns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS MALLOO UTE,HSV ENHANCED 5 LITRE
Ok thanx,glad I didn't waste my tim and money trying to fit them

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
like Big-al said, it can be done pretty simply to swap the clusters over, and a tech 2 is required for a few minutes also (Holden usually charge $120 for this service)

If you're in Melbourne, I've got a Tech2 and i can program it for you (pm me if you're interested)

You also need to make sure that the cluster you are buying, is from the same series as your car, or else the fuel gauge works backwards. This only applies to VY though.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Can I swap a triple window set of gauges straight over from a single window set on my vy v6
Dont necessarily need a tech2. If you buy a cluster from a VY V6 commodore with the same airbag setup and same series, then you will have absolutely no problems.
Obviously the odo and vin in the cluster will be incorrect, but there wont be any errors if you do it right the first time:beer chug:

If you buy anything from a V8,HSV or ute then you will need a scantool to reconfigure it to the correct engine size, airbag setup and fuel setup

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
You can also program with a Launch as i have just gone through this kind of process with my conversion. You just need to know where to find what you need to do in the software.