Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gaugez

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
just wondering if it would b sad 2 have gauges on the outside in the chrome pods, like on the bonnet..... but on just a stock 3.8L vt.... i like the look of it but its pretty un-necesary 2 have yes i know. anyone else done it?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i supose you could do it but aint a lotta room to look out of a vt windscreen as it is.....i dont know if its legal? but ive seen plenty on vl vp vn vk ............if your young i spose its cool...i would be worrying about the the coppers i would do up you v6 put some nice mags on it may be a rear wing.....when ya start putting stuff out side ya car when having p plates it could make the coppers look your way.....with a vt you can have it looking realy good ,,,but if your young and there is a lotta cops around id be carefull i hope ya get it looking like a real streat machine.......................cheers have a good day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tony

Z

ZER0

gauges for what?

putting gauges on stock cars seems stupid to most, but commo's lack factory gauges may other cars have volts, oil, etc in their dash cluster, were us poor drivers are left guessing. im still in the process of mounting some new gauges in my centre console.... putting them on the outside could be taking it a little to far tho?

R

rattattack1313

On most of my older Holdens I had proper guages for just about everything.....water temp, oil pressure, vaccuum, battery,etc......I didn't like a light coming on to say something is about to/has blown..........a little different with these commodores.....not many good places to put them.......

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
yeh i just purely want them for the look....i recon it looks pretty good. im not too worried about the cop factor, but i supose i will b once the priks pull me over hey lol....thanx the input guys

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
you could put a gauge or 2 in the drink holders if you dont use them....i was lookibg for an idea to get rid of my drink holder and some one said gauges....lol ya never know.................................take it easy

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
get rid of my cup holders? then wheres my stubby gonna sit huh? geeeeeez
:bang:

hahaha nah good idea :thumbsup:
cheers

S

sirus

my mate has chrome gauges on the bonnet of his vt..looks hot almost the same car as mine, clubsport kit 19's dropped on its ass..... it wud look a bit gay if they were on a stocker tho... heres something origional for u.. ive got an autometer monster tacho mounted above the window winder on my passanger door....

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
oh yehh...i havnt got a full stocky, i jus ment like i got no under bonnet mods or anything....i got a SS body kit, the black monaro tail lights, 18inch hsv rims (stockys on d back at the moment) lowered 3inches.......i jus recon some chrome gauges on the bonnet would make it look pretty nice...

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
With the VTs you could replace your stock stereo with a good unit half it's size. Then put the gauges below the head unit in that space left over.