Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

G'day from South Africa

ZaLumina

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Lumina Ute SS
Hey guys
so i drive a 2008 Chevy Lumina Ute SS
It has the L98 motor with a manual tranny
dual 3" zorst
41mm primary headers
Vararam CAI
FAST 102 LSXR intake
Compcams 227/[email protected] .614 .624 114LSA
powerbond 25% UD pulley
ported throttle body
Centerforce clutch
Arp rod bolts
EFI live tune

its my daily driver
a couple questions: we installed the cam with a Compcams dual billet roller tchain set, and set it up with 2deg advance, is this recommended?
Also i think my primary header tube diameter is a little on the small side? what do you guys recommend it should be? It still has good low end power
What sort of power should this combo put out on the wheels? Just curious, there arent many guys out here modifying these vehicles so we pretty new at it
Thanks
Ralph

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
hey ralph, welcome to the site. i'm not cluey on the ls series engines, but you'll probably find more helpful folks in the LS series section here good luck, sounds like you've got a potent combination

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi Mate, welcome.

probably need to get this moved to the LSx section to get a response. guys (and gals) are fairly tribal here and don't venture into forum sections that don't interest them.

41mm, that's 1 5/8" primaries i think. probably a bit small for a built combo

ZaLumina

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Lumina Ute SS
cr@p sorry guys i moved it..thanks!.. new here
If its any consolation I also own a oldschool street/strip 1972 Chevy Firenza Can-Am with a 12.5:1 roller 383ci stroker with nitrous
Best ET at Tarlton Raceway in johannesburg last year was a 9.556 @ 228 on the 1/4
Its a blast to cruise around on the street too, our coppers are less strict than yours, I've heard horror stories about the 5 0's your neck of the woods
Pulled a 10.703 @ 210 all motor as well last season, but never spent alot of time on the n/a setup, we just pumped the motor with loads of gas to get it going haha
Cheers
Ralph