Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gear Box 6speed

VZLAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
hi Peoples..
VTSS genIII 6 speed man.
got this worrying noise like metal touching each other spinning tops when I depress the clutch...also can hear the noise when I am not accelerating..doesnt seem to stop the car from performing with the gears though... soo any thoughst on what it might be ?

Terry

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
G'day Terry, I'm not familair with the 6 speed so I can't be exact, but I'd put my money on your release bearing (throw out bearing) or your pilot (spigot) bearing/bush. They're the usual items that cause the noise you describe with the clutch pedal depressed.

Not a very expensive fix, although; it does involve pulling the box out, might be a good time for a nice heavy duty clutch and fluid change if your a little rough with it .

Cheers

Jake

VZLAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Jake..

Thanks mate.. already has a heavy duty clutch. damn I must be a beast with my car LOL... hmmm ok will have to get it checked out then hey..

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
haha well you don't buy an SS 6 speed for Sunday drives do you

I think you should get it checked out just to be sure, the fact that the noise is only there with the clutch depressed is a good sign.

G'luck with it Terry

Jake

VZLAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
thanks guys.. not sweating as much now phewwwwww now that I know its probably not major problem...