Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gear Box or Hand break issue? Help

DarkVoice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged
Hi guys
I got a 98 Calais with supercharge, after my friend help me adjust the hand break at beginning everything just fine, coz most of time I'm driving in 60k zone sometime 80k, but never up to 100k after hand bread adjust. yesterday I drove on freeway, during I'm accelerating roughly from 80 to 100 some point, suddenly feels like someone pull the hand break on(just like pull hand break on a little bit), just for few second, by the way, my hand break didn't work for quite while before this happen.

Does someone can help me with this, please tell me this is not gear box issue :) Appreciate!!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I doubt it is the handbrake or gearbox problem. It is hard to say from your description but I think it might be the engine misfiring and that is usually caused by a bad spark plug or spark plug lead.

DarkVoice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged
thanks bro, i just recondition my engine month ago(due to head gasket :( ), and they told me that they change the sark plugs, that might be the problem.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
thanks bro, i just recondition my engine month ago(due to head gasket :( ), and they told me that they change the sark plugs, that might be the problem.
It could be a bad spark plug but is more likely to be a lead, in my experience anyway.

DarkVoice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged
It could be a bad spark plug but is more likely to be a lead, in my experience anyway.

Fixed! I took to the shop, after text drive, they told me its fuel problem(most likely block the fuel filter), then they check the fuel filter, check the D.T.C, everything is fine, but its still happens. turns out its probably because that plastic cover(with "V6 supercharged" write on it) on the top of the engine make the fuel hose jam a bit, thats why when accelerating not that fast, everything is fine, when rpm approach 4,000 its happens. lol
Thanks!!

Cashman_309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais
DUDE. Spell check for #### sake.. That was a terrible cringing mess to read.

From what I can gather, It's spark and/or fuel
"Fixed!". "turns out its probably" is it fixed or going to be fixed? which is it mate?!

DarkVoice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged

"Fixed!". "turns out its probably" is it fixed or going to be fixed? which is it mate?!

Already fixed...

DarkVoice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged

actually its really hard to describe.....