Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gear Selection Light

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Hey guys, the bulb that lights up the gears is gone, can anyone tell me what type of bulb it is, the power button was is also gone (has been for a while) can anyone tell me about that one too?

Thanks,
Mike.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
You can get them from Coventry's just tell them which ones you need and they will be able to find the corrrect part numbers. The gear selection globe is a wedge globe and i think the power button is a T5 from memory.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
gear selector light is a T10 (Basically a parker light) which is why you see 100000000000 vt/vx's wth factory green dash lights and big ass bright blue gear selector light, coz its really easy to change,

As for the power button its a T5 halogen mounted in a holder, only way to replace those is get one from holden/wrecker, or convert to LED

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
The T5 bulbs in holders are $4.50 brand new from Coventrys. Don't waste your time going to a wreckers when you don't know how long you will get out of a new bulb. It's a fair job to change it too, don't want to have to do it again in a month.

I actually used the red T5 globes made for the hazard light switch in the Power and Traction Control buttons in my wagon. They're the same globe and if you can only get the red ones you can swap the green condom over onto it if you want the normal green light.

jakey616

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
How did you get to the globes, I need to do mine and I had a look the other day and couldn't see how to get to the globe holder.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Sadly I am in NSW, guessing Repco or Super Cheap will be able to help, but pretty sure I can get those globes at my local servo.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
The T10 wedge globes u can get easy enough from there but as mick said the T5 globes that u need come in holders so ur paying extra 4 those. u can go 2 jaycar or the likes and buy a bezel 4 a buck if that and just simily re wire it into the same holder.

ideally ur better off using LEDs, globes r useless even new globes dont last long thats y cars after the VX's r gettin out of them, even the VY's still use a couple globes still but have converted the more important conponents so u dont have 2 worry about them as they will last the life of the car pretty much

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
in my experience you are better to go to holden to get the globes. u can find some that fit at various auto stores that will work but they are not the same wattage as the factory ones and will look to bright when u put them in. for example from memory the gear stick light is a standard parker style globe but its not 5watt like all the ones they sell at supercheap its something strange like 3.5 watt or something strange.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
You can get the genuine Holden parts sealed in GM bags at places like Coventrys usually 15-20% cheaper than Holden.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Globe set me back $2 from the servo, all good :)