Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox and engine mounts

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Hey guy's
Just curious on how many engine mounts their are.. and how many gearbox mounts their are too.. And I know where to get the engine mounts from (ebay) but where do i get gearbox mounts from? I want to replace all of them because atm my gearbox hits the tunnel thingy when i give it more then 3/4 throttle in 1st and 2nd and snap shut the throttle off! How much does it cost to replace them if i get a mechanic to do it? I want it done asap.. and also,can it do any damage if the mounts are stuffed up?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
2 Engine mounts,
1 Gearbox mount, $35 on ebay
Have a look around and you'll find someone selling the engine mounts and gearbox mount as a package. Also try Bursons, Autobarn, Etc

Yes, you can damage things by not having a mount there.

Mechanic will cost more, gonna guess at least 2 hours labor at $60 an hour + parts, estimate $200+ (not real sure, go call one up and find out)

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Gear box mount is pretty easy to do yourself, & takes next to no time. Engine mounts are a PITA but I still do my own installation. If you're doing the engine mounts yourself, make sure you have a decent pry-bar as aligning both the mounts even with the brackets loose really requires a second person - that's where innovation with pry-bar helps alot when doing it on your own :) With the exact part, just go into supercrap & they will look it up for you, usually out of the online Mackay database - BTW a machanic will charge you about 4 hours + parts - so over 500 for the lot..

Gear Box Mount - Automatic & Manual (basically the mounting plate is one way or the other, thats the difference
Make: HOLDEN, Model: COMMODORE, Series: VS, Part No: A2564, Location: Rear

Engine Mounts - Automatic & Manual, Make: HOLDEN, Model: COMMODORE, Series: VS, Part No: A2546H X 2, Location: Front

Last edited:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited:

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
I personally think i could do the gearbox mount myself.. but Its just I'm not sure if thats the problem lol.. It could be engine and that so i thought i might do them all in one go??

Holden VG VN VP VR VS VT V6 V8 Auto Manual Mount NEW | eBay
Is this right sleepa? Was thinking yours because its cheaper but for a few extra dollars this one says manual too so it might be worth the tiny bit extra coin?

Anyone live near Sydney and wanna help me with engine mounts lol?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I personally think i could do the gearbox mount myself.. but Its just I'm not sure if thats the problem lol.. It could be engine and that so i thought i might do them all in one go??

Holden VG VN VP VR VS VT V6 V8 Auto Manual Mount NEW | eBay
Is this right sleepa? Was thinking yours because its cheaper but for a few extra dollars this one says manual too so it might be worth the tiny bit extra coin?

Anyone live near Sydney and wanna help me with engine mounts lol?

That looks like the right one.
The seller is pretty good too.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
And thank you all for your help :) I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me :)

No stress, I try to help.

Kinda living on here at the moment coz can't be stuffed going outside to work in this crazy weather.