Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox / Clutch Manual T5 - PLEASE HELP

CMI83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
Hi All,

Please help out if you can think of anything..

I recently had the clutch replaced with a heavy duty one at the usual place i get stuff done, jus a local shop about 2 months ago.

The gearbox has been (ever since i bought it off a guy that loved doin skids) slowly getting worse and worse with some stickiness and fairly loud grind thru the gears 1-3. I had the gearbox reco'd last week, and on picking it up whilst cold it was running smoothly.. as soon as everything started really warming up (say after 15km+ drive) as soon as you depress clutch in 1st, and especially 2nd to take it out of gear and into next gear.. a very loud extended crunching noise on any changes above 1500-2000rpm, plus reverse kept 'popping' out every few metres unless you really hold it in.

Now.. i took it back to gearbox shop today.. they have pulled it all apart, fixed the reverse but still not sure why its making noise only when warming up.. and think it may be the clutch..

Can someone please tell me who i'm supposed to be mad at and what needs to be fixed? :)

Thanks.. at my wits end,
Chris.

dodgy

Reaction score
is the clutch adjusted properly? not releasing fully?

CMI83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
Clutch feels fine - he transferred all the new parts out of my case and put them into a near new case he had already, bit of a mix n match job and it seems to be allright now.. dodgy buggers.