Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox issues

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE II SV6 Sportwagon
Hi guys, missus has a 2012 Cruze CDX 1.8L Auto

seems to be revving high on take off but not going very far. its still under warranty and its booked in for thursday but wanted to know if any other cruze owners had similar issues? Wanted some ammo in case they try and bullshit that there isnt an issue when there may be.

Cheers.
Tobey

chriso-k

Motor Mechanic, SYDNEY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Whats exactly the problem with your Cruze? Only a scan tool will give you the answer to this. However, what I can tell you, the Cruze does suffer from Transmission computer (TCM) problems. These computers are situated inside the Transmission and they do fail. Luckily for you you're still under warranty. $2200 repair job, approximately
Hi guys, missus has a 2012 Cruze CDX 1.8L Auto

seems to be revving high on take off but not going very far. its still under warranty and its booked in for thursday but wanted to know if any other cruze owners had similar issues? Wanted some ammo in case they try and bullshit that there isnt an issue when there may be.

Cheers.
Tobey

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE II SV6 Sportwagon
Yer, no error. Just feel of the car. I've been told newer autos learn how u drive and change dependent on that. But this just feels different. Also ticking noise in engine. Not low on oil. Jut sounds noiser and a bit more gutless Lol. I just don't want them to try and bullshit me

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Tobey

My daughter runs a 1.8 auto early build Cruze. It doesn't seem to suffer from high revs and low speed take-off, but the 1.8 and auto are a really unhappy match in the early models. The engine is absolutely gutless and when it hits a hill, it will drop down two or three gears and rev its bloody head off while not accelerating much. On level ground, the car runs fine, but hit a hill and wait for the noise.

You might find that the programming for the auto needs a bit of a tickle with the tech tools, or it might be as suggested that the TCM is failing. Don't take some pathetic "they all do that" excuse from the dealer. If there is a known fault, make sure they get the job done properly.