Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox oil leaks

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Anyone having gearbox oil leak problems?the dealer is trying to tell me its delivery wax,after 4 years I dont think so.i think the dealer doesn't want to do the job the head mechanic certainly didn't she's the one pushing the wax story.still negotiating with said dealer.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
mine does not leak but it does have a fair bit of that wax crap under it.

Panzer23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS Liftback 3.6
Ditto, mine as well does not leak, but has lots of wax underneath.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
mine does not leak but it does have a fair bit of that wax crap under it.
Maybe its wax but have degreased the underside of the box within 200 km the box is wet.the dealer pressure washed the underside wet again only the underside.if its wax where is it coming from ?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Maybe its wax but have degreased the underside of the box within 200 km the box is wet.the dealer pressure washed the underside wet again only the underside.if its wax where is it coming from ?

yours is probably not wax mate i was just saying mine has wax all over it.
out of all the cars i have worked under my zb has the most amount of wax crap sprayed under it.

i did have one leakage issue under the front right side that i thought was oil but it turned out to be the ac seals leaking going through the drivebelts and coming out underneath.
it had a green shade when i wiped it with a rag and since getting the ac seals replaced it has stopped.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Yeh I had the ac done the main hose from the compressor was leaking.also had the diff replaced.the liquid on the bottom of the gearbox is sort of clear where normal ATF is red or was. not sure what ATF they run in these 9 speed boxes.