Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox

lachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore 3.8ltr v6
hey guys just wondering if you guys have the same anoying thing happen to as i do. everytime i start my car (when cold and when warming up) it takes a while to click into reverse, or drive, i put it in gear and it takes around 1-3 seconds to click in, shouldnt it be instant or is it because the car is still cold?
cheers lachlan

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
The pump in the transmission may be on the way out. Check and smell the fluid and maybe replace if necessary.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hey guys just wondering if you guys have the same anoying thing happen to as i do. everytime i start my car (when cold and when warming up) it takes a while to click into reverse, or drive, i put it in gear and it takes around 1-3 seconds to click in, shouldnt it be instant or is it because the car is still cold?
cheers lachlan

sounds like a worn gearbox. check fluid, make sure it's nto burnt, or dark dark dark dark red. change fluid, if that doesnt work, save up for new gearbox.

lachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore 3.8ltr v6
dam. was hoping it was just the fact that its cold...