Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gearboxes

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
well my box is stuffed and just got quoted 4000 for full rebuild with transgo stage 2 , kevlar bands, and heavy duty clutches.. sounds abit pricey 2 me and they dont give a warranty cos of the upgraded parts.. ne know some1 in perth who they know does a good job and good prices.. thanks

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
lol if u need a new box convert to manual. its much cheaper than rebuilding ur auto box which will eventually die again. manual is more fun and more powerfull and it will also put up the resale value of ur car

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
to convert 2 manual and strenghten it good will cost over 5k... 2 strengthen the auto 2 take 500 at wheel with high stall and cooler is gonna cost 3670..

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
lol, a manual box is "much cheaper"...hmm, no.
but anyway, i know a guy in sydney that does rebuilt performance boxes on an exchange basis at a killer price dmitch, if you want his details gimme a pm.
i wont post them up here cos i dont want any fool emailing him asking heaps of questions and stuff when they're not even in the market for a box.

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
lol if u need a new box convert to manual. its much cheaper than rebuilding ur auto box which will eventually die again. manual is more fun and more powerfull and it will also put up the resale value of ur car

sounds like ur bias towards manuals cos thats what u got.
500 horses....a manual is not gonna do as well as a tricked up and stalled auto....and i'm saying that with manual and auto experience.
unfortunately, if we want power/performance we've gotta spend the cash, whether its manual or auto.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
308 performance in malaga is supposed to be very good. 92499308