Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gen 3 zorst

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
hi ppl,culd anyone tell me if the gen3 exhaust systems wuld bolt str8 onto a v6 vz? and if so wat benifits wuld i likely get.im trying to source one from some wreckers here in sydney,still no luck tho.im abit confused as to what system i shuld get as ive seen recently on this forum of ppl saying certain zorsts actually make u lose power and torque.because holden tuned the alloytech to attain 175kws with just ther sysytems(please correct me as confused:)if anyone has any good results from these sort of setups ur advice wuld be greatly appreciated.thanks.

Last edited:

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
if ya talkin factory gen 3 zorst then i wouldnt bother , they are shoking :(

better off to buy an aftermarket setup with mandrel bends and a good set of mufflers. Better to do things right straight up then bugger around with them. i had a look at my utes zorst from the factory last night and it nearly makes u cry its that bad.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yes they do fit and no they dont loose power. im selling my gen3 exhaust if your interested. fit wagons and utes

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
oh really? so is 2.5 about rite? i kno the ricers all get 3in and that but commys particalularly my sed v6 wuld obviously not nd one that big.id like to get something with twin tips,maybe upswept,each 2-2.5?which brand wuldnt be too pricey cauz my engine isnt like the hi output ones so prob wuldnt nd a serious one for the power im trying to achieve.if that makes sense.u kno wat im planing highlander-69 wat wuld u recomm?

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
sore highlander-69 but wat brand of muffler is going well for our sort of cars(v6) is Lukey good? or maybe some sort of hsv one.

Willz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo Sv6 with leather
Ive putt a vx clubby exhaust on my sv6

its twin 2 1/4 all the way through fitted straight up no hassle

cost me $150 (had only done 20k and had no rust)

gives an nice note under full throttle but best of all has zero drone and doesnt attract any unwanted attention :thumbsup:

the exhaust definitley freed it up a bit, fuel consumption has gone down and it now holds gears up hill without dropping down like it used to so that seems to suggest it hasnt 'lost' and torque.

all up im preety happy with my $150 exhaust as it got rid of the off centre single exhaust tip that most plagues stocks sv6's

as a side note im preety sure the stock sv6 exhaust is similar to what came off vx ss's (correct me if im wrong)

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yeah mate. the vx ss exhaust was very simialer if not the same as the sv6 exhaust

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
150 bucks? thats what im talking about.i mite sound cheap but im on a budget and for good results like that why not.i mite have a little search for one myself.so wuld ui get prob same results if i managed to find a later model clubby exhaust or r they heaps diff now?any way the results u got willz is exactly what im looking for,bit beta econmy and tiny bit of xtra torq.plus i like the twin tip look oppose to one big one.thanks for that now i know which direction to go. :)

Willz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo Sv6 with leather
Nothing wrong with a budget

i couldnt justify spending at least three times as much if not more for a mild steel twin system which i might not like the sound of anyway

might sound like a cheap ass way of doing it but its stainless and u can drop the rear ressie off if you want and have a couple of hot dogs put on or hell just straight through pipes if u want more sound

hope u find the right one at the right price mate :thumbsup:

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
thanks mate.culd i just ask u willz one more thing,where did u source ur vx clubby zorst? since chatting with ya ive rang a few wreckers and stuff and no one seems to have any.and wats the sound like? real nice low burble is wat im looking for,some thing that doesnt sound 2 tacky!