Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen coil pack weight

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Does anyone have a gen coil pack they can weigh and let me know the weight? I bought an apparent set of Gorst Coils and size wise they look the same as the ACA ones that are currently on the ute.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone? Trying to avoid buying one from the wreckers just to compare weights with the new ones i have. Plus i don't know how to tell if a car has a genuine coil or after market on it

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Anyone? Trying to avoid buying one from the wreckers just to compare weights with the new ones i have.
What is aca?
I have some dephi in the shed l can weigh. Do you want dfi & 3 coils or just the 3 coils weight?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just the weight of one gen coil. I have a set of new Gorst ones to fit. They are supposed to be hi output and if that is true id suspect that they should weigh more than stock. I currently have ACA ones fitted well that is what is written on them. No idea what ACA ones are as i couldn't really find any info on them on the net..

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Just the weight of one gen coil. I have a set of new Gorst ones to fit. They are supposed to be hi output and if that is true id suspect that they should weigh more than stock. I currently have ACA ones fitted well that is what is written on them. No idea what ACA ones are as i couldn't really find any info on them on the net..
533 grams

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks Lex that's the same weight as the new Gorst coils. Gonna message the seller and see if indeed these are hi voltage coils or not.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I spoke to The1 and he put me onto the Gorst coils which are as good or better than MSD. I have emailed the seller and he said they come out of the same factory. I'm now just waiting to find out if the ones supplied are the Hi output ones like they used to be. With the higher voltage than stock you can set the plug gaps at 1.5mm instead of 1.3mm. Power wise probably not noticeable but should help with economy.