Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen-F GTS Cop Car

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hey Grennan, how is that relevant? That company does not specialize or publicly offer ford tunes. May as well quote Great Wall driver about Walkinshaw.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Walkinshaw have publically thrown Oztrack out to the curb.

Yes, the Walkinshaw Facebook post is quite incredible. How can they say it was not "approved" work when it was done by a contracted dealer? Does this mean that they have to separately and specifically "approve" any exhaust or other Walkinshaw mod to any car? Got to be kidding themselves. It seems that they are a company with poor management to me.

Won't it be amazing (or sad actually) if they did this to Steve on the basis of forum rumour and "pack mentality".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Hey Grennan, how is that relevant? That company does not specialize or publicly offer ford tunes. May as well quote Great Wall driver about Walkinshaw.

Its relevant because NSW HWP were involved with both cars so the way they are driving it may have an impact. The fuel used in both of these cars would have been E10, another important factor. For some reason, theyve chosen shonky tuners for both cars and I posted that comment because you asked if Oztrack tuned the FPV to which I replied - he didnt and shouldnt cop the blame for the FPV.

Yes, the Walkinshaw Facebook post is quite incredible. How can they say it was not "approved" work when it was done by a contracted dealer? Does this mean that they have to separately and specifically "approve" any exhaust or other Walkinshaw mod to any car? Got to be kidding themselves. It seems that they are a company with poor management to me.

Won't it be amazing (or sad actually) if they did this to Steve on the basis of forum rumour and "pack mentality".

It wasnt approved work because Walkinshaw have not released any upgrade packages for the LSA. So the pulley upgrade was not approved or backed by Walkinshaw. Just because hes a Walkinshaw reseller doesnt mean everything he does is endorsed by them.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Honestly, are we going to jump on the hysterical bitch bus with no real facts, except I know a bloke who said blah who heard it from another bloke I trust?
Worse than the fricken ABC!

I for one won't be burning the people I know from within GM on a public forum like this. If you don't believe what I post that's entirely your prerogative. I have got some things wrong along the way however I stand by my track record on similar posts.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

If the works were done outside WPS procedures and guidelines then I'd entirely expect them to wipe their hands of the matter leaving the liability squarely at the feet of the offending agent. It does make for interesting times for the ultimate customer here. I'd suggest WPS should make good on the warranty and then pursue their agent for damages.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
I for one won't be burning the people I know from within GM on a public forum like this. If you don't believe what I post that's entirely your prerogative. I have got some things wrong along the way however I stand by my track record on similar posts.

My info is that the GTS is 100% fine and there has not been a problem.

Will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
My info is that the GTS is 100% fine and there has not been a problem.

Will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Well seeing as it took them how long to reveal any issue with the FPV (which happened last year and coincidentally gets revealed the week of this news) I dont think the Police will be in any real rush to let the public know that their brand spanker has taken a nose dive.

Im tipping the lawyers have come out and everyone involved has been instructed not to say a word.

Last edited:

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Steve would threaten legal action on forums when someone would bad mouth him....