Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen III into VS SS

M

Matteris

Hi.

I'm looking at the option of putting a Gen3 into my VS. I hear that the Gen3 is alot wider and there needs to be some massaging of the chassis rails for the beast to fit. I have also heard that you need to pull the engine out to change the spark plugs. Is any of this true or is it bs? Is it possible to do? Who has done it, or who knows of someone who has done it that you can put me onto ...? Any legit information would be a god-send. Yes I've thought of stroking the 5.0L to a 355, but there is nothing like a Chev 5.7 and I love the badges, (I don't believe in fakes).

Also ... my younger bro has just bought a Datto 240z with a Chev small block, so I'm gonna need something more than a stroked 304 to match him!

Cheers,

Matt

D

death-from-above

Yeah its possible, dont know the ins and outs though, ill let someone else cover this.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 296

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I'll buy the v8 from you if you do!
But its been done. Theres a car on another commodore forum (don't know if l can mention other forums here), a vr infact, that has had it done. The attached photo is the actual car.
He had problems with the strength of the gearbox and the fitting. This resulted in getting stuff handmade e.g. extractors. The firewall also needed changing. There were more problems if l remember correctly. Not worth it IMO. I think we should swap engines, an ecotec will slot into your bay no troubles, slap on a turbo and you'll be singing :D. But seriously, keep your motor and either stroke it or blow it.

Attachments

• P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 270

d_neo_b

Tires A-Blazing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
while were on the topic of swapping engines, i have a vr s1 acclaim and i was wondering if i bought an ecotec motor would it slot straight in? or would loom modifications have to be done?

M

Matteris

hmmm what an offer! unfortunately for you, No. :bop: I did think about it tho, for a second.

Nothing beats Cubes, except more cubes :) and 6's just don't sound the same.