Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen3 dyno question

vtssgrunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
manifold

back again,just to let you know the manifold will rev to 7000 maybee,but wont make power past 6500.
i have an ss which is 2000 model and it has 242,000km on it and it has heads,cam,tune ,it made 280 kw on a dts dyno.(dandenong)
I was refering to this as the speedo average.
goodluck ,i am a apprentice mechanic for alan mance.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
because they are a good reference tool to get a average reading

Bullshit they are. They are a good tool for people who cannot drive so will not go to a track and backup their figures. The only thing dyno figures are good for is the inflating of heads of boy racers. Times will always show the true results of upgrades. Anyone can have a good dyno figure if they really want it...especially the guys on those happy DD setups.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
Bullshit they are. They are a good tool for people who cannot drive so will not go to a track and backup their figures. The only thing dyno figures are good for is the inflating of heads of boy racers. Times will always show the true results of upgrades. Anyone can have a good dyno figure if they really want it...especially the guys on those happy DD setups.

so tell me what did you use to get your car tuned.....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
so tell me what did you use to get your car tuned.....

Base tune on a dyno, then car complete tuned while driving. Anyone who does a complete tune on a dyno is not getting a true tune.

Gen3Jonesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS Gen3
I appreciate everyone's help with this, but no more private messages asking which workshop this is please... As I said above I'm not willing to say at this point :lock:

Cheers!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The post is irrelevant and inflammatory. Which is why it has now been deleted 3 times.

Gen3Jonesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS Gen3
I thought I took quite a light hearted approach??

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Base tune on a dyno, then car complete tuned while driving. Anyone who does a complete tune on a dyno is not getting a true tune.

well that makes me a little happier to hear that because my car was tuned mainly on the street with only a little base dyno tuning... thought they just wanted to drive my car round haha

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
driving on the street is to be able to hit as many cells as you can a dyno can only fabricate so many situations whereas street is real wrld sort of tuning :)