Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen3 dyno question

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
dyno's are good don't get me wrong but theres alot of things a dyno car replicate. i haven't used one yet so im not 100% on it just going on what other people/tuners have told me :) in my area

:)

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
the only thing street tuning is good for is the low down stop start situations

Gen3Jonesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS Gen3
GMMAD:

Keep an eye out on the streets for a black VTII SS, I'll be in nowra for two weeks from sunday :)

(My home town)

Do the cops still nail defects on anything with more than 50hp?

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
know worries mate
I have never been pulled over in my car
but i dont hang around the park parks at night like some do

Last edited:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Cheers for the help there mate!

It has definatly had an increase in power, I cannot question that :) The issue is that the package is sold in kW values and I want every last kW possibe for the (quite large) outlay... There are also a few other issues that have risen up since and I'm just feeling slightly stooged...

Where in melbourne are you and what do you charge for a dyno run?

Was the car dynoed before you did the mods? Its quite possible that they quoted a rwkw figure based on the cars stock, brand new power and it has lost a couple of kw over the years.

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
high stalls suck up a bit of power as well so keep that in mind

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
GMMAD:

Keep an eye out on the streets for a black VTII SS, I'll be in nowra for two weeks from sunday :)

(My home town)

Do the cops still nail defects on anything with more than 50hp?

ill be in nowra all next week too... but the caprice is still in perth :-( .... aww wel least i get to come home for a holiday

Gen3Jonesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS Gen3
Seems like everyone has lived in nowra at some point :) Once upon a time i was one of those car park louts... Back in the good old P plate days... Seems like a lifetime ago now...

The car was given a dyno run both before and after the mods were done Grennan... Though the kilometers were quite high the engine was still in excellent condition and had only dropped about 4rwkw from stock... It was owned by an old guy, treated well and maintained :)

The workshop is getting their dyno upgraded soon, it is currently topping out at 198km/h as they said in the previous post. When I get back we'll be adding a UDP and hopefully that will bring it up to at least the 280rwkw mark, and stop the terrible belt squealing!

Fingers crossed.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeah stuarts place car park... i used to go there too... back when there were actually real old school muscle cars there... and not wankers in lancers with loud exhausts :p

Gen3Jonesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS Gen3
Yeah thats the time when I was there too...

Used to be a great thursday night... We even had a pretty good relationship with the local police...

Of course once the rice burner wankers started coming onto the scene that all changed... And I moved on... Who wants to hear their little nip nip cars burning round the streets all night? Not me :)