Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen3 Or Super

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Just been saving for a supercharger and have told a few mates what i want to do and a few other ppl as well i want to do this.

Now im not too sure but am looking into it, but they say why not go gen3 instead. now what i wonna know and told them i thought wouldnt it cost more like its not just the engine an trans its the brakes an other things too?

if it was to be a little more for the conversion KIT as id be fitting it with a mate maybe lol c how things pan out 1st. would it be worth it in the long run spending that extra for say the sake of haven a v8.

mind you we are keeping this car and later on were gettn a newer one as well coz we need 2 cars, so this wont be a conversion than selling it will b long term.

it shouldnt be a hard conversion as vt's did come out with gen3's?

any idea's info would be great.

Jamie

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
yep, the series II VT's had the GenIII, but personally i'd use the 5.0L out of the VT instead of bothering with the (plastic) GenIII or blown V6... But, everyone has their own opinion...

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh alot are sayn im better off putting the 5l in, if i was to do that id wonna try n get the 220i ? one

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
nah im not gunna sell n buy 1 already done as ill be buyn a new car soon but i want to keep this n spend money on it, as said we neec 2 cars n the new car will b more then likly vx/u'ss/vy ss not sure yet.

nother option is buyn a vt/x supercharged motor, again id be unsure what id need for a complete conversion? anyone shed some light on this option.

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
I realise you need two cars, Id just think if you wanna drop a V8 into a late model car, it would work out cheaper to buy one already factory fitted, then mod it from there

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VT's are very slow with the 5 liter in them so that option is out, if you want to go fast for cheap and it's not the main family car then sell the VT and buy a VN/P/R 5 liter :) I'd say a VS too but that would cost more than the VT is worth

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
yep, the series II VT's had the GenIII, but personally i'd use the 5.0L out of the VT instead of bothering with the (plastic) GenIII or blown V6... But, everyone has their own opinion...

lol, yep if you want to make very expensive horsepower go that option.

Personally i'd just sell the car and buy another with your choice of engines, works out cheaper and saves hassles. You need to weigh up engine cost, trans cost, loom and ecu cost etc etc

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh we used to have a vs calais lol wish we never sold that. as i wanted to do with that was put a 5l in it.

yeh im more an more looking at other options now as i dont think anyone has said yup go the gen3 lol. personal i dont an cant sell this car as we got it off my misses sister an still owe her money on it but dont have to pay anything untill we go for our loan soon. which is for a new car plus extra too spend. were just payn a few more $$$ off our other loan 1st

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1