Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen3 VK?

BlackCaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom WL Caprice 5.7 V8
Can it be done?

The little bro and I are currently doing up a VK 308 4 speed, but he's just written off his VT SS (rear ender). He got paid out and they let him keep the car, so the immediate thought is can we put the gen3 chev into the VK??

I haven't even though about such a conversion before so dunno about size and compatibility etc so that's why I'm asking the question.

Cheers all

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Can't answer your question, but god damn I hope its doable.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Sure is do-able.

We were going to do it for a hill climb car, but decided a gen 3 and 6-speed was to abit much for a hillclimb car :p

I think it was CRS who sold all the gear to do it. Certainly not a cheap conversion but if you already have the engine and box your laughing.

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
Get yourself a copy of the latest Street Machine, there are 2 vk's on the cover, one with a twin turbo ls1, and the other with a supercharged ls2, both freakin sweet cars. So it definitely is possible, but it will probably cost all your arms and legs and one of your brothers arms as well. Then again you already have the motor and I assume you'll be using the box thats on it, so maybe it won't cost as much as you'd think.

BROCKYFANO5

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
it is doable im in the plannin stages of the same idea there is an add in street commys that does the conversions i rang them the other day all the parts 2 do so was closs enough 2 2700 or so

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
I am working on a HJ kinga with a gen 3 at the moment.... Its not as difficult as it sounds but by all means its not easy.

The electrics are prob the hardest part but Castlemaine Auto Electrics sell a conversion loom for that and CRS (Castlemaine rod shop) sell the rest that u will need.
Its not cheap and fairly time consuming. But it looks good if done properly.

just my 2 cents worth

jimmig81

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WH
It is doable castlemaine rod shop has th conversion mounts ect. also eagle spaers (the back of the latest Street Machine) has engine contorl kits for around $1800

RED1M8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 383 turbo & VK Royale LS1
I'm heading down this track shortly, have VK, have cammed LS1,need trans.

A friend has just done the starter relocation and engine mounts without buying a kit:dance: so I have that covered. Have another friend (auto sparky)who has already done plenty of LS1 conversion rewires:thumbsup:

Will make my own headers and exhaust.

Not sure on the best aproach for the speedo yet, either buy an electric to manual cable adaptor box (Bit pricey) or swap all the dash guages for electronic's like pro comp.