Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[GEN3RATD] VXII SS: Bagged, 20's, Sunroof, Leather

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
and not for the first time, the amazing interior of ALTERD

whats everyone think about the b&m shifter but trimmed with red leather around to match my interior? i dont think the 4L60E will be able to handle 600hp+ so i might need a T400 or similiar

If build and tuned properly the 4L60E can handle it.. as obviously your a reader, if you think back a fair few issues... the VX SS twin turbo by AVO....? It still runs its origididge 4L60E.. So... It can be done, but no reason not to go to a TH400 :) Also the shifter would look the sex.. It is the exact shifter I want for my car.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
i hate SC lol i think its gay. my missus bought me the magazine because ALTERD was on the front and she thought it looked like my car lol.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
If build and tuned properly the 4L60E can handle it.. as obviously your a reader, if you think back a fair few issues... the VX SS twin turbo by AVO....? It still runs its origididge 4L60E.. So... It can be done, but no reason not to go to a TH400 :) Also the shifter would look the sex.. It is the exact shifter I want for my car.

Can be done, won't last long. Making a 4L60e last with big power at the drags is suprisingly easier than getting it to survive on the street. Heat and powered downshifts kill the box no matter how much money you've spent building it.

Much better idea to go TH400 if you don't care about overdrive, or 4L80e if you do. Neither options will be cheap, but horsepower never is.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
as for the fluted guards guys i have to say i think it looks gay. now thats ive seen it lol. i dont think it suits the shape very well, i quite like the clean look of having one tiny little indicator lol. plus again fluted guards would be money i dont have

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Can be done, won't last long. Making a 4L60e last with big power at the drags is suprisingly easier than getting it to survive on the street. Heat and powered downshifts kill the box no matter how much money you've spent building it.

Much better idea to go TH400 if you don't care about overdrive, or 4L80e if you do. Neither options will be cheap, but horsepower never is.

i dont intend to keep the 4L60E as this car wont be a strip queen, i intend to keep it 100% street driven, and i know the 4L60E wlll be raped by the amount of power I want to throw at it. so leaning towards a TH400 at the moment but its a long way away yet lol, just focussing on getting the car respectable again now

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo