Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

General Wheel & Tire Selection

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
Hope this helps.

Taking my experience of rub with lowered height (Eibach prokit) on 245/45-18x8ET34 combo. And playing with figures from there on.

VE-G8tireguide.jpg

* Note that if you're keeping ride at stock height, and/or don't mind fender rolling work, then above figures are bit conservative for your case and you can tuck out your wheel & tire combo little further (3-5mm more lesser offset).

** For the fronts, it's not recommended to go beyond 255 on 9" and ET must be lower than 48, to avoid the combo hitting on strut.

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
people should also check what the rules are for the state they live in.... for instance NSW RTA have very specific rules on changes to offset, rolling diameter, and tyre width. couldnt be stuffed searching for it now, but definitely on RTA website.

for those that dont have it, this is great link to bookmark.... it's an awesome tyre calculator that I've used many times in the past Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing