Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine front parking sensors on a 2008 Berlina Sportwagon, is it possible?

aaaaplay

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Berlina Sportwagon
Hi everyone, so we've got a 2008 Berlina Sportwagon and we already have the rear sensors but, it would be good to have the front ones.
What I want to know is if it is possible? How much will it cost and where can I get it?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You can get generic kits from ebay.

But i really dont see the need for rear sensors, let alone front ones. Cant you judge distances?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Cant you judge distances?

Not nice no need for sarcasm.
I put rear ones on the vs towbar just touching the wall.
I know I was close one more mm touched the wall.

mmcalaisv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Yes it possible to add front sensors to the factory system.
Price will vary from dealership to dealership.
Start ringing around for the best price.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
But i really dont see the need for rear sensors, let alone front ones. Cant you judge distances?

Sure can.... but what's your point?
Sabbath if you still got that Hilux in your avatar you seriously need to consider getting them as well, and drop the ego at the door.

My sportwagon has rear sensors and camera.... first car I've owned that has ever had these safety features, and will be on every car I own from now on.
I can be a hero male who 'doesnt need these things', or I can be a responsible dad who realises there is NO WAY you can see the back of the car properly without camera and sensors.
I wish I got front ones for same reason.... from the drivers position you cant see anything low directly in front of the car.
I'm perfectly capable of judging distances, but the sensors arent just used for distance- they are used for obstacles.
My sensors will start beeping, and more often than not its because there's a branch or something else just to the side that the sensors have picked up.... but that's enough for me to stop and double check blind spots.
Now if it's my daughter or my pets running in from the side, I can bet I'll see them and stop well before you without sensors/camera.

I'm with the OP, I'd be interested to hear if anyone has installed front sensors aftermarket.

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
I have factory rear sensors and went aftermarket for reverse camera and front sensors

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Modern body design means you cant even see the end of the bonnet let alone where bumpers end to judge the distances.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sure can.... but what's your point?
Sabbath if you still got that Hilux in your avatar you seriously need to consider getting them aswell.

Why? And what ego? The ego of being able to park?

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
The day after I picked up my ute I had reverse camera installed - cheap compared with hitting a child who was in my blind spot

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I hit children on purpose, the reverse camera is so I can see the expression on their face as it happens.