Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine Manta???

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Looks a bit doubtfull to me. Have a check on carsales.com.au Some on there, and look slightly different.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
just found this manta? for sale on trade me (nz) and it looks like a fake to me .. what do you guys think? Holden HSV Manta 1998 | Trade Me

Compare it to this one on carsales, and unfortunately I reckon yours is fake.

1998 Holden Special Vehicles Manta VT 195i

Few things on your one which make me very sus:

- standard interior

- standard steering wheel

- different info on HSV 'compliance plate' compared to the one in the link above (model - ZTF????)

- Different 'manta' badge on rear

- standard engine cover

The list goes on unfortunately. At a guess I'd say its a tarted up Berlina. But do as someone else suggested and check the VIN just to make sure :). But even if it does turn out to be genuine, Would you really want it considering all the HSV goodies that have been removed as mentioned in the list (which is not exhaustive by any means) above?

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
im not interested in it at all just thought it looked like a fake'o !

In that case I'm not sure why I wasted half an hour my time scrutinising all the pictures, you might have told us you had no interest in it to begin with. Generally when someone posts a link to a vehicle for sale, it indicates they are somewhat keen on it.

fatboyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vr commodore
i say fake. i carjam ed it and it was re registered so that explains the rego tittle which is the only credible thing on it

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
In that case I'm not sure why I wasted half an hour my time scrutinising all the pictures, you might have told us you had no interest in it to begin with. Generally when someone posts a link to a vehicle for sale, it indicates they are somewhat keen on it.

sorry mate, if im looking at a cliff im not implying to jump off it. but thanks for the info, this forum is all about general chit chat about commodores and what have you. I was interested in that Manta by how it was quite a confusment. To buy i might have statted it ;)

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
sorry mate, if im looking at a cliff im not implying to jump off it. but thanks for the info, this forum is all about general chit chat about commodores and what have you. I was interested in that Manta by how it was quite a confusment. To buy i might have statted it ;)

This is the technical section! if you want to post chit chat post it in the PUB.;)