Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine OEM VF Commodore Police HWY Transmission Cooler.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Considering the cost of a new gear box i would not be worried about trying to save money on the cooler, the most important thing is that it is a quality item that has been fitted correctly and correct fluid level achieved. Mine was fitted a year ago and cost me around 1000 buks. Extra labour because the factory fitted Roo bar had to be removed to fit it. The guy who fitted it did not top up the fluid ?? You know the story !!!!! Im only towing 1200 Kilo but the cooler has been sensational, money well spent. The VF is a brilliant tow vehicle once you fit the sway bars.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Just a word about sway bars. I have now been on the road for 10 months and knocked out 23000 KLM towing my van. I thought i would go for a run not using my sway bars just to see how it went. I covered under 100 K's before i pulled over and refitted my sway bars. The rig was down right dangerous and felt highly unstable, i was very suprised at the difference. Once the sway bars were refitted it was down the road with zero sway and feeling very secure again. Only sitting on 90 KPH mind you.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Just a word about sway bars. I have now been on the road for 10 months and knocked out 23000 KLM towing my van. I thought i would go for a run not using my sway bars just to see how it went. I covered under 100 K's before i pulled over and refitted my sway bars. The rig was down right dangerous and felt highly unstable, i was very suprised at the difference. Once the sway bars were refitted it was down the road with zero sway and feeling very secure again. Only sitting on 90 KPH mind you.

you did what now?

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Im still on the road trip now towing 1200 KG van with my VF Evoke wagon with a Trans cooler fitted. Maybe get back to Perth by End of March if lucky. What ever, all good. That's about it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Im still on the road trip now towing 1200 KG van with my VF Evoke wagon with a Trans cooler fitted. Maybe get back to Perth by End of March if lucky. What ever, all good. That's about it.

no i'm asking about removing sway bars from your vehicle!?

or are you talking about adding them to the van?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Probably load equalizing bars on the trailer hitch.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon

Ill try and make it a bit clearer. My Anti-Sway bars are old school, they connect between the car and Van. I only removed them to find out how much difference they make to the feel of the rig and as i said i was staggered at the difference.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Trans coolers are usually a retrofit, is a trans cooler kit listed as an accessory instead of individual replacement parts? Some of the spare parts blokes don't know where to look for stuff like this and they'll tell you it's not available when in fact it is.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Even if it is a retrofit it will cost dollars to buy and fit. Just pay the Buks and get it fitted by a competent fitter.

Right there is the Problem.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hi Guys

Since I'll be towing a caravan around the 1,600kg mark behind my VF SS-V Redline in a couple of months (being built at the moment), I thought I'd contact my local Holden Stealership about a price on parts for the transmission cooler unit that was installed in the VF Police Highway Patrol Cars.

Well, my local Stealership came back with a quote totalling $1,189.85 in parts alone! I almost inhaled my coffee, I wasn't expecting that much!

Find attached the quote my local dearer sent me, would appreciate your thoughts.
Dont forget when they add the oil cooler they the dealer have to add the correct level of oil and you don't have a dip stick so how can you or how can they check the correct level without doing the check that is needed when you have a auto service on your Vf Redline. Remember the oil level has to be precise on these cars.