Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine Reverse Parking Sensor

mp3dewd

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Hi All,

I've looked around a bit, but haven't really found an answer to my question. So I will apologise in advance if it's been asked before.

If I wanted to get genuine reverse parking sensors added to a VE SSV, will the distance be displayed on the radio screen? It is a series 1, so I know the screen is completely different to the newly released series 2.

From what I can tell, these sensors on ebay are the same ones a dealership would use. I would prefer to be able to visualise the distance, rather than just hear a whole lot of beeps.

All and any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
I have factory sensors on my sv6 s1, presumably the same thing, nothing comes up on my dash. I reckon you would have to go aftermarket or get reverse camera instead.

mp3dewd

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Thanks ads18x. So I'm guessing all you hear are the beeps when you reverse?

I'm pretty sure that the head units are different between the SV6 and SSV, with the SSV having a colour screen. I meant to ask if anything is displayed in the head unit/colour screen, not on the dash.

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
yeah it just beeps faster and faster the closer you get to an object, until you are about 10-15cm away and its a constant tone. By dash i meant whole head unit/clock/dash information displaying areas in general.

mp3dewd

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Does anyone know if the SSV displays anything on the head unit when reversing? Thanks

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
To honest, I find the camera a hell of a lot more useful than the beeps from the sensor.
If you are going to go to the hassle of installing a reversing aid after delivery, I'd pick the camera over the sensor any day.

And just in case anyone's interested, mine also beeps faster and faster.... no actual distances given.

mp3dewd

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
The reason I'm asking is the SSV I'm thinking about getting doesn't have any reverse sensors at all. So if I go to the effort of having them installed, I might as well get the camera installed at the same time.

blueute74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I know what you mean as I have bought genuine Holden reversing sensors from an online auction on the understanding that my 07 SS V screen would display a visual reversing aid. I have previously driven an 08 Statesman which had both front & rear distances displayed on the screen. As no one could give me a definite answer, I have since bought a Holden reversing camera which will definitely come up on my screen.

luckycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I also have a series 1 SSV and enquired about the same thing from holden. If you get the sensors installed from factory you get the display on the screen, but if you get them installed after you dont get the screen display even if you have the geniune parts installed. and if i can recall it was about 800 for geniune or 600 for after market installed from holden.

hope this helps.