Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine VR 185I Senator

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looks good, should try a keep the woodgrain or do a stainless steel surround around the shifter.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
awesome work with the conversion. if youre interested, i made my own manual console out of a statesman one, similar to yours. not the best job, but turned out alright. check out my thread

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
Looks good, should try a keep the woodgrain or do a stainless steel surround around the shifter.

nah, the woodgrain i think looks a bit too classy(more of a stato thing) and the stainless would look a bit rough, but thanks for the input:thumbsup:.

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
awesome work with the conversion. if youre interested, i made my own manual console out of a statesman one, similar to yours. not the best job, but turned out alright. check out my thread

yea i seen that, looked sweet. but im kinda bit scared of cutting my leather n console. so im trying to fit it all in the standard cut out. i was thinking of putting the ash tray up the top like standard manual consoles, just gotta figure something out for the boot and ive gotta practice my fiberglassing :wax:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
How about gloss black?

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
looks nice as.. did you have any trouble with the wiring when you did the manual conversion? im doing one on my vs ute soon and have read places that you need the manual loom and computer or you get warning lights up on the dash??

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
looks nice as.. did you have any trouble with the wiring when you did the manual conversion? im doing one on my vs ute soon and have read places that you need the manual loom and computer or you get warning lights up on the dash??

its my second manual conversion so it was piece of piss:whistling just gotta conect the nutral switch,speedo and reverse lights. but you still get the engine check light...get foamy to do up a chip and that will get that sorted:thumbsup:

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
nice senator mate, nice work with the manual conversion, it changes the feel of the car to being so much better and drivable

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
nice senator mate, nice work with the manual conversion, it changes the feel of the car to being so much better and drivable

Defiantly a lot better, the box is running so sweet and its funny because no one is use to the clutch except me lol so no one wants to drive it which is a good thing lol. anyway got a little work done yesterday.

Removed my oil cooler and lines for the auto, was a bit of a messy job but gave me a chance to give the engine bay a little bit of clean.
I've also notice that my exhaust is starting to leak, but only through the back of the mufflers possibly from rust, from sitting around for so long. So time for a new ones i think. I will most likely just replace the mufflers with resonators but im not sure how it will sound? my mate has a x force system on his vy ss with no mufflers just resonators and it sounds insane so hopefully mine will also. I'll be using some off a ve gts (got given cat back system of my uncle one) so i'll start doing it as soon as i get my hands on a welder, so wish me luck:thumbsup: