Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Geoff (and mates), SIGMA!

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
The SIGMA IS DEAD!!!!!

well last nite the sigma died.:rip: we had 2 tow it bak 2 petes mums house, coz it wouldnt jump start or push start...it happend like this:
On the way to baxter KFC where i left my car when i met up with pete and the sigma, pete decided to go into the gravel carpark on sages road. he the startd 2 cut donuts, snakies and drifted, we were there max of 10 mins, while he did the last drift, i heard something in the engine bay makin a very weird noise, not knowin wat it was i though it was just something loose and rattling around. Then as we where leavin pete tried 2do a stand still on the road as it was coverd in dust and rocks, he got it spinnin for like 2 seconds and then it stalled, we tried to turn it bak on, but nothing, we tried to push start it, but pete was a fanni and could, all it was doin was lockin up the rear wheels, so i had a turn and my second go i started it just(and i have an auto license lol), i went up the road to turn around, which i did and i came bak to pick him up, i was on the side of the road letting cars pass by me when i was about 2 take off, and it stalled(not coz i made it stall, it just stalld itself, dont question me just believe it)..

we were ****ed off, so we tryed to turn it bak on and nothing so we tryed for a while to push start it but we couldnt get a big enough run up, so we pushed it bak where we were first trying 2 push start it(other side of the road) and pete had another turn, he fannied it, he tried to do it in first and i told him second, so he tried and still locked up the rear wheels somehow...so i tried and on me 3rd or 4th try i got it, but i didnt feel right, it was soooo sluggish it wasnt funni, i went up the road 2 turn around again and that weird noise from the engine bay was louder than ever, i did a uturn, with a lil bit of wheel spin and the noise was goin off tap in second, as i was changing to third, i put clutch in, and put it to third, i put the accelerator on slightly and removed the clutch, next thing i no the wheels have all locked up and i was sliding towards a power pole, i tried my hardest to miss it which i did but onli by a couple of meters, if i was goin any faster i would of hit the pole as it was hard as to control it when the brakes locked up. anyways i rang pete who was just up the road and he said he rang his mates which came as soon as i hung up the fone 2 pete. we tried to push start it, but nothing, even i had a tri at it, still nuthing. i told them about wat just happend and they think i hit the brake instead of the clutch..wanks...lol ohh yeh and for some reason the brakes where that stiff it wasnt funni at all...so we tried to jump start it, still nuthing. it was just turning over with nothing happening at all, the battery was gud when we were jump starting it because we check it with a volt meter....

so we decided to get a mates 4wheel drive and tow it to petes mum joint which was about 1-2kms away...we got it there with a few brakeages of the rope...my mate said it the engine has prob seized..would that be true???? it had oil and still had enough fluids...also we relized we hadnt put any lead replacement in the fuel tank when we toppd up the tank, it was onli about 15-20 litres but....so looks like the engine is farked, and with all that talk of when the engine goes we should chuck a vn-vr engine in it might come true soonish, but i wouldnt no where 2 start...does anyone no if anyone has done it before??? hahaha and we were goin to drive the sigma 2 bathurst, wow lucky we didnt...haha

Last edited:

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah damn lucky we didnt dude, but u fanny's are so gay, you wrecked our sigma, all cause u cant drive lol.
I still havnt seen it but im guessing its not actually ****ed, it might be fuel filter/pump or somthing like that.It woulda locked up because of compression.
Worst comes to worse, i say we hand in the rego and give everyone some money back and strip the car, fix the damage, put buick motor in and spray it and use it as a burnout car or somthing.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
haha yeh we will have to look at it on the weekend or maybe during the week sometime....but that website above seems pretty gud, but i dont think russel, seb and zoe will wanna put in. coz russel and seb do jack ****, russel was meant to get a battery, as all of us have already brought something for the sigma, and all he does is whinge sayin ohh i got no money and i dont drive the sigma anyways....but maybe putting $50 a week into a small piggy bank, so thats like $150 if 3 of us put in or $300 if 6 put in, mayb less that $50 but yeh u get the idea...the kit will be:
.:Engine mounts, brackets and bolts
.:gearbox crossmember
.:speedo kit
.:wiring kit
.:a set of instructions
KIT PRICE $1060.00 includes GST.
We would also need...
.:fuel pump, thermo fan which we can get from wreckers...
.:idler kit VS-VT-$175.00 because we arent running power steering.

That would be about $2000 giv or take, then we gotta get the engine and gearbox...so yeh hmmmm

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stuff that for an idea dude....
Just buy a wrecked VN, or even one thats not wrecked they are that cheap, and transfer the parts over n ****, obviosuly will need mods to some things though

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
troy u dumb ****. u blew the sigma up... good driving. and why not just tell the world that u were doing hoops in the ravelcar park. ..... downysss.....

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
u di(Khead markus i wasnt doin burnouts it was pete, and like anyone would giv a fu(k anyway. wat they goin 2 get me for being a passenger in the sigma??

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
ah spewing.. i doubt it would have been to do with the lead replacement ive been running my sigma without that stuff for like 4 months and it still goes 20litres wouldnt make a difference. heres a pic of mine not as clean as yours but

Last edited:

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, finally got round to checkin out the sig. And managed to get it going again, although it sounds like ****.
Something it just pinging inside it, like the rockers or lifters or somthing, sorta sounds like someone threw a rock inside it. and its leaking enormous amounts of oil out the side, luike a cracked head or somthin.
So pretty much the engine is gone, no point fixing it.
So now we are thinking of sourcing a cheap VN, and transplanting the v6 into it and using it as a burnout car and taking it up to drag tag and stuff like that.
Would be a fun project.