Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Geoff (and mates), SIGMA!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
series 1 or 2 vn? i think a series 2 might make things a little easier. You gotta put a spool in the diff aswell

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
You gotta put a spool in the diff aswell

haha thats one of our MUST HAVE'S!!!
does anyone know anything bout shortenin diffs?
also geoff, was thinkin when we paint it down the track, shaved door handels and such..would look shmick! and we also takin out the centre consol, like rice_eater's car(the vn v8 manual with black roof).....

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah definatly man, we should just weld up the back doors too :D would look MINT
Im pretty sure its a series 1 VN rory, why would a series 2 be easier? isnt it the same motor and gearbox only with very minimal changes like the bellmouth and all that jazz???
And yes... spooled 3.9 diff :D

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
this is off v6conversions.com.au

* The Commodore V6 engine complete with the main engine wiring harness, the ECM computer and memcal. Other accessories such as the map sensor, purge canister, air cleaner & ducting, airconditioning compressor & catalytic converter, external fuel pump & damper.The Series One engines have two crankshaft bolt patterns and starter motor types, the manual transmission type and the automatic transmission type. For this reason they are not interchangeable.

However, Series Two and later engines have the same crankshaft so they can be converted from automatic to manual by fitting a flywheel and changing the memcal.

This only applies to VN and VP engines, VR and later engines have different computers and wiring looms for automatic and manual. You can leave your original fuel tank in place by using an external EFI fuel pump and modifying the filler neck by way of a return line and restrictor so that it will only accept an UNLEADED nozzle or you can fit a complete fuel tank from the VN Commodore.

Just thought it would help us...

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
So your getting a manual? No i thought it be easier because of the radiator setup.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah mate, itll be auto..... honestly i didnt really understand that troy. Will the series 1 affect us putting it in???

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
i dunno, i highly doubt it, i think it was sayin if you wanna change it over from auto 2manual then there will be a bit of a problem.....
Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo keen to get stuck into it on sunday!

im geetin ahead of myself but, do ya think we will get it up and runnin b4 easternats 2009?

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh i know the feelin dude, im keen as too.
I would hope by '09 but we shouldnt rush, we want the thing to hold up, not like it is now.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
anywho guys, done a fair bit of work on it, took all the front panels off, lights are out, and so on...nearli everything out of the engine bay except engine. We need a engine craine to get it out. so thats holdin us back a lil bit. wagon_wheel has alot of pix.
hahahahahahahaha and also we decided to see wat it sounded like without any pipes, OR extractors. and may i say OMFG it sounded so lumpy 4 a 4banger lol and sooooo loud, it would surely giv a harley a run 4 its money! geoff has a video so im tippin he will post it on youtube...

So the next thing we are probably goin 2do 2the sig is, take engine out, gearbox out and driveline out, then remove the wiring from the engine bay, and we will remove the loom to im guessin as the new one will be goin in when we get the VN, we still have to save for that so MAYBE we will have that by the end of the year....so it would probably be a great idea(well i am an idea's man lol jk) if we get everything out before we get the VN so we dont av 2 fark around on the sig when the VN is just sittin there doin nufing...
Also geoff took out the centre console, it already looks less cluttered....and geoff, i was thinkin, do u no how u said nah u dont want the speedo hookd up and **** and just have the tacho, um i was thinkin, i think it would be a gud idea, coz teh we can check our speeds when we are doin drags and ****, but if u dont wanna, ill be happy 2put it all in...

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, if we take it down the drag strip, they will tell us our MPH at on our time slip anyway so it doesnt matter. We really dont need any dash at all, just a tacho.

But yeah got a few pics and a nice vid of it with no exhaust, sounds crazy ill post it soon.