Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Get these old folks off the roads!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
What do you guy's think about this. everyday i see some old geezer either going to slow, taking 10 go's at parking, ect ect. It's my opinion, if you've had 70-80 years whatever to learn how to drive, and you still can't do it, then get off the road!! I know their old and everything and i should cut them some slack, but if someone is at the age where their reflexes are too slow that they can't even maintane the legal speed limit, then for thier safety and everbody elses, they shouldnt be driving!!!The goverment issues them with a cheap bus fare for a reason:bang:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
i have to agree man i was behind one today he was the first at the lights he done 50 in an 80 held up a whole lane of traffic til it split into 3 lanes, but seriously i was so pissed off i tailgated him, every single day i get stuck behind one of these drivers im sick of it!

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i think they shuld have regular driving tests, you wouldnt like it if someone came and took your licence at least give them a chance to keep it if theyre one of the ones that can drive, for example my grandfather hes 71 hes a very good driver safe keeps the speed limit never has a problem my grandmother on the other hand i dont think she should drive she doesnt often but it worries me when she does i think she shoul at least have a test to see that shes still ok to drive

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
yeah i heard something about making them go for ther lisence test again at 70 i think every 5yrs after that or every 10 after that cant remeber where i heard it but reakon its a good idea

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Agreed. Went for a drive up through the mountains yesterday and ofcourse it's single lane each way, and some old lady was doing 40 in an 80 zone holding up 15 or so cars. She had plenty of places to pull over and let us past, but she just kept going. :bang:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
My pop only has vision in one eye, which leads me to beleive he can only see certain increments of the speedo, as his his 60km/h, is a damn sight faster than mine!!!

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Now hold on fellas....we cant just target a minority group and make the state governments rich on fines for driving too slow,causing traffic jams,being a nusiance etc,what next?Take their lisences away,and jail them when they have to drive to church on sundays?Crush their wheezy geminis and camiras?Elderly profiling by the police with big stings on bingo nights and RSL clubs?......We cant give them ideas,next they might introduce draconian anti hooning legislation and target P platers,commodore drivers and the like.....now we wouldnt want that would we

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Plenty of old folks that can't drive and plenty of old folks that CAN drive. Just like there's lots of 18 year olds that can drive and 18 year olds that don't know the difference between drive and reverse. While we're at it lets get all Asian drivers off the road. Lets remove all middle Eastern immigrants from out roads... Oh, hang on a sec... Then we'll have no taxi drivers and no bus drivers to get old people to the shops and back, so all the old people will have no choice but to drive.

This thread is a fail :whistling

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
This thread isn't a fail, i'm pointing more towards the safety of old people and the people around them, who insist on still driving when it is obviously well beyond their capacities.. Of course their are good old driver's out there, i wasn't saying that there wasn't, just that people need to reliase that there comes a time when your not just not as capable of doing things aswell as when you were younger.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
This thread isn't a fail, i'm pointing more towards the safety of old people and the people around them, who insist on still driving when it is obviously well beyond their capacities.. Of course their are good old driver's out there, i wasn't saying that there wasn't, just that people need to reliase that there comes a time when your not just not as capable of doing things aswell as when you were younger.

Dude, seriously this thread is fail. People of all ages can be shocking drivers. This includes parking techniques, or rather in this case the lack of such skills. A young girl in a busy shopping centre car park today made a total fool out of herself by not being able to get her small car into a car space big enough to park a truck in. She went back and forth, and just got into a bigger mess, whilst the cars piled up behind her, unable to move till she got out of the way. Her licence should be revoked for life. :D

:lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.