Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getrag manual conversion - need wiring information

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I've done a search but I haven't been able to find all the information I need.

We've worked out what wires to short out to bypass the neutral safety in order to start the car - on the 7 pin connector, there are grey and grey/blue wires - these need to be shorted together.

But, the car is currently running without a speedo and reversing lights and I want to remedy this ASAP. I know it's something I can do myself, whether it's simply replacing connects or adding new ones.

There is a two-pin connector which I'm guessing is for the speedo but it is different on the Getrag in comparison to the old 4L60 auto. Is it possible to get this connector from Holden, or easier to just butcher a connection? I obviously don't want to modify the gearbox itself, but I'm not fussed about modifying the wiring loom.

And obviously I need to get the reversing lights working... Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

Jazza 91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
i helped a mate convert his vr v6. we bridged the neutral wires of the slector switch, this is on the side of the selector just under the centre console. we then run the other two wires to the reverse switch on the side of the box. there is only 4 wires in the selector switch so it was pretty easy to work out which one was wat.
we put a t5 in his car tho so i dunno bout the speedo on the getrag. we couldnt hook up the t5 without puttin a new computer in it as they run two different speed sensors.
hope thats helps...

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hi mate, the VR is the different for the auto wiring to the VX. I'm getting the manual program done on the PCM soon, but I think it's mainly a thing about getting the right connectors for the speed sensor and reverse lights at the moment. The neutral wires actually plug directly into the gearbox, not the shifter. The shifter only had the wires for the internal globe and the power button.

DrownInMilo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr statesman
Fully aware how old this post is but I’m gonna reply anyway, what I did on my stato manual swap was turn it till it started (meaning it thinks it’s in either neutral or park) and tape it in place to it can’t move.