Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getrag Short Shift Kit

the_duke

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am looking for a Getrag short shift kit for my 5 speed Vs ute?

Any ideas on where to get them? Prices? Etc

Thanks alot

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
my brother just got a short shifter for his senator from autobarn and it was about $200 and its made it alot nice to drive as the gears are closer and tighter now

the_duke

Reaction score
my brother just got a short shifter for his senator from autobarn and it was about $200 and its made it alot nice to drive as the gears are closer and tighter now

Thanks for that man, ill check it out tomorrow.

Anyone else?

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D

the_duke

Reaction score
WOw man :yeah:

Looks expensive but i like it.

Thanks buddy

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
i think im up for a new shifter, my one is sloopy as!! is there any cheaper options on the market besides billet and rip shifter? I just dont know if i could justify spending around $500 on it. I got a qoute of $160 for a new stock one.

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
I did a lot of searching for short shifters for the getrag box when I did my conversion. The ONLY shifter available was the billet products shifter. Rip shift only make them for the T5 not getrag. You can buy the billet item straight from their website. :thumbsup:

Check this thread:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ny-short-shifter-enhancements-getrag-m34.html

The factory shifter is rubbish (see the pics) its a plastic ball and socket that gets packed with grease... not bullet proof

The billet one is a very solid unit, but then it would want to be for the price of the thing. Things you should know before deciding on buying one: It is harder to push into gear and sometimes hard to find the correct gear. Also it sits further forward in the center console (due to not being angled at the bottom like the stock shifter). Mine hits on the console surround.

the_duke

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man

That's some good info. Ill look into it.

Thanks a lot
mitchell

the_duke

Reaction score
hey guys

I got my Billet products short shifter yesterday and installed it. took around 20min for the install and i couldn't be happier.

got some pics and a video to show you.

I didn't take a before shot as i was to excited. But people who own a getrag will understand the difference.

thanks mitchell

gearshifter009.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

gearshifter001.jpg

gearshifter002.jpg

gearshifter003.jpg