Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getrag to T5 conversion

ROB33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Hi all. My Getrag 5 speed has given up the ghost and Im planning to put a T5 in its place. Have sourced a low km example for a great price and Im wondering if any one would know if I can still retain my Getrag hydraulic clutch setup with the T5 box. I have already changed to a solid flywheel but dont want to change to a cable setup if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
No, you will also have to run the T5 cable setup as there is no provision on the T5 bellhousing to mount the Getrag slave cylinder and pushrod setup. You will also have to change/modify the pedal box for the clutch pedal linkage.

Last edited:

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
hey everyone I know this is a little bit of a thread dig, but in regards to the topic, what about the speed sender, etc, etc? will the wiring be the same or similar enough to lightly mod the loom without any hassels?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
In regards to this thread also, why couldnt he have made a braket up and mounted the getrag slave on the t5 box. Would have been a good exercise, then he could have done a how-to:thumbsup: