Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gettin a jump off the line

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
are you talking on the road or the strip.on the strip you want to be going before the green.

ok i'm going to sound like an idiot but i dont really understand all the rules on drag racing so bare with me but if you go before the green wouldnt that like be bad and get penalised?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nope cause by the time you react the ight is green

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
cheers guys,much help..
If ur hittin 3thou then lettin the clutch go,thatl shorten the life of it yeah?
And also,somethin else i need to decide on,this might be the wrong section, but ill ask anyway.
Im lookin at gettin cam only pack.probly lookin about 275rwkw,will i need a new clutch with it?
At 2grand,i need to know if its essential.
Thanks everyone:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
cheers guys,much help..
If ur hittin 3thou then lettin the clutch go,thatl shorten the life of it yeah?
And also,somethin else i need to decide on,this might be the wrong section, but ill ask anyway.
Im lookin at gettin cam only pack.probly lookin about 275rwkw,will i need a new clutch with it?
At 2grand,i need to know if its essential.
Thanks everyone:

Benj - If you wanna go fast then things are going to wear out quicker. Fact of life. I have had many of these cars and it is not easy to get them off the line cleanly (and fast). There is nothing magic about it - slip the clutch a little for the first 10m or so and maintain the revs. The best way to learn is practice, practice and more practice.

Reaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
ok i'm going to sound like an idiot but i dont really understand all the rules on drag racing so bare with me but if you go before the green wouldnt that like be bad and get penalised?

I go as soon as I see the last yellow lighting up in my VP and that give's me like sub .1 reactions everytime. It all depends on where you stage in the beams but I stage deep (far from front beam) and that gives me a consistant distance to go from the last yellow. I think it's about 12 inches to the beam to it takes quite a while for the car to get there and when you do you basically have a rolling start which improves your ET. In bracket racing however it can be better to stage right on the beam