Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gettin a new dog

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
i wouldn't go saying things u can't take back my dogs dads dad, is the same as her mums dad in other words same grandad on both sides she suffered intropyism cant spell the word sorry its where the eye lids turn inwards causing the eye lashes to rub on the eyes thankfully the breeder payed for the op but we can't breed her now, but yeh no issues related to the breed since then

Huh? what do you mean saying things I cant take back?

Our Male had that, had to have eyelashes frozen off, had 3 cherry eye ops, modified diet due to allergies & intolerances, our bitch had a knee op, & a hip displaced, managed to give birth mostly unassisted (quite unheard of) she also had narrow palate & the breathing problems, lucky not as bad as some of the others I had seen in the club. Another of our males had knee/leg/hip issues.

As I said, we bred them, we were in the show circuit, & we were part of the bulldog club, I know of the issues related to the Breed, there are many, it is one of the Breeds with the highest amount of medical problems.

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
My mate just got a boxer x mastiff and it is THE best tempered dog i have ever seen! I have an english staffie and he is also pretty good, especially around littlies, just got teach em straight outta the blocks

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Sorry to hear about your greyhound mate, I have them myself. Best natured dogs I've ever had.

Not keen on another though? Or just a change?

Think its more of an emotional thing for me really....we got him as a 2 year old race dog that didnt make the grade in melbourne and was about to be shot by the previous owners,dad raced him for another 2 years,picked up a few wins then he pulled a rear tendon pretty bad so we retired him,and basicly he became my dog,lived in a pokey little caravan in the backyard with me in my teenage years,which soon moved to him being a housedog after me and the wife got our first house,being there as our kids first came home from hospital...dunno....but another greyhound is on the shortlist,the only thing that lets them down is that they are too friendly and trusting with strangers...and Ive always liked bulldogs too,aussie and english....but my brother plans on gettin one,so i cant get the same as him....

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
Huh? what do you mean saying things I cant take back?

i was meaning to sound rude mate just the way u said it made them sound better then they possibly are so just wanted to clarify for others reading one of the issues in which i've had with mine

zerodown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SSII A4, VSII CLUBSPORT M5
Very true, they don't make guard dogs. I guess it comes to the amount of handling they have during their lives. I currently have one no hoper here, bought as a pup shes 4 years old and another at 14 months currently being broken in, so hopefully she wont be home for a few years yet.

Whatever way you go, best of luck with it.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
i was meaning to sound rude mate just the way u said it made them sound better then they possibly are so just wanted to clarify for others reading one of the issues in which i've had with mine

Better than what? I said they are beautifully natured dogs, with large number of medical issues, didnt think I could be any clearer. Didnt think I needed to list every medical issue they could have.

To the OP my dad just got a bernese mountain dog, huge things they are, he is totally rapped with her. He used to have ridgebacks & doberman crosses before.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
Better than what? I said they are beautifully natured dogs, with large number of medical issues, didnt think I could be any clearer. Didnt think I needed to list every medical issue they could have.

To the OP my dad just got a bernese mountain dog, huge things they are, he is totally rapped with her. He used to have ridgebacks & doberman crosses before.

sorry ive miss interpreted what u were saying your mentioning of the british bulldogs confused me.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i have a female american staffy, and she is the kindest dog around, we've had my dad's m8's kids over, and they be running around pulling on her tail, all that, but she just ignores them lol, looks at me in desperation as to say "GET THEM OFF ME!" :thumbsup:

but no, she's never attacked anyone, she does a good job guarding the front door against bible bashers and door salesmen :whistling

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
dobermans are awsume dogs, just a little retarded we've got one. also german short/wire haired pointers are great. really smart and playfull

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
I was in the exact same position as you, our bullmastiff x died at the age of 14 aswell.. i now have a staffy x mastiff x bull arab and he is the most well mannered, smart, loyal, funny puppy. We also have a pupply king charles caviler that is a mental case, he hangs of my dogs lips and everything, but he never bats an eye lid. I highly recommend a staffy or a staffy x,
before you buy just observe there temprement here is some photos of my pup his name is Lex: The 1st is at 9 weeks the 2nd is current at 15 weeks and the 3rd is him with his mate.

Attachments

• 9 weeks 5.jpg
    9 weeks 5.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 15 weeks.jpg
    15 weeks.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 10 weeks 4.jpg
    10 weeks 4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 115