Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gettin a new dog

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Last week,our family pet,a 14 year old greyhound sadly passed away,leaving a big hole in the family where our best friend used to be,so ive been considering a pup,looking for a large dog that we can bring up around the kids,another inside dog......decisions decisions....Ive been leaning towards a doberman,but undecided....anyone here have dobermans?

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
mate, have a read up on the American Staffordshire terrier. beautiful dog

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Sorry red,they dont interest me one bit,bloke down the road had the most beautiful,friendly american staffy,went mad one day and attacked him out of the blue,i was there,he had to shoot it out the window with a 22.....beautiful dog,i agree with that,but some,especially crossbreeds,have some emotional issues and can react quite aggressivly if scared when woken,ie kid stepping on him in a dark hallway.....something which is basicly the most important thing for me planning on bringing a large dog up with kids as an inside dog......dunno how many times ive heard the greyhound yelp at 2 in the morning with one of the kids accidently kicking him in the dark.....

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
we get our new dalmation in 2 weeks.

n1667593213_222285_2263997.jpg

Morticia

I aim to misbehave
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Series 2
dobermans are beautiful dogs... but need training... as long as you train it up you should be fine

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
i have an aussie bulldog shes a beautiful dog well built and 30 kilos of pure muscle we've had babies at the house and shes perfect with them the only issue initially was the hyperactivity but a few good smacks put her in her place

Attachments

• Image086.jpg
    Image086.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 122

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
oh I saw a Aussie bulldog as a very small pup in someone arms a couple of years ago, I remember comparing the differences to the Britsh Bulldogs that we bred when I was a kid, beautifully natured dogs.

Terrible for medical issues thou :( - stupid inbreeding. The Aussie one seem to be helping those issues thou

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
Terrible for medical issues thou :( - stupid inbreeding. The Aussie one seem to be helping those issues thou

i wouldn't go saying things u can't take back my dogs dads dad, is the same as her mums dad in other words same grandad on both sides she suffered intropyism cant spell the word sorry its where the eye lids turn inwards causing the eye lashes to rub on the eyes thankfully the breeder payed for the op but we can't breed her now, but yeh no issues related to the breed since then

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
what about a red heeler (aussie cattle dog)
very loyal and inteligent dog,
very protective and a family dog

zerodown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SSII A4, VSII CLUBSPORT M5
Sorry to hear about your greyhound mate, I have them myself. Best natured dogs I've ever had.

Not keen on another though? Or just a change?