Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting A Exemption (no Power Restrictions 4 P Platers)

A-TEAM AUTOMOTIVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 3.3 efi
hey guys, just wondering if it is actually possible for p drivers to get an exhemption from the power restriction laws. if anyone konw a way or excuse that would do the trick, i would really REALLY appreciate it, ive got the money all ready 4 my 308 but d bloody law is gay!

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Don't think you can get a exemption on high powered vehicles in your state. The rules are there and thats that

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
jack.mcintyre said:
move to NSW :)

the rule is still in NSW as well... only way around it here is to prove your work involves driving high powered vehicles or your main family car that you need to drive is v8/turbo... or (i dont condone this and it probably wont work) get your rego papers to say you bought the car before the law came in? they couldnt force people to get rid of their cars so those select people got an exemption... im allowed to drive v8/ turbos :thumbsup: good old dad and his truck!!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Why not wait until you're old enough like everyone else?

A-TEAM AUTOMOTIVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 3.3 efi
yeah well my dad is a mechanic, and i did buy a galant Vr4 turbo before the law came out but i had to sell it afew months ago .... and my family is loaded with high powered cars so i was thinking if i could go down to the rta with my dad, (hes a mechanic) n see if they can do something about it. i cant wait that long !!! 308 !!! :D

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I can't believe what crap people come up with. Like really. Do you think the girl behind the counter is going to say "oh yeah no problem!"? Like really. Who makes the laws?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
VK_308 said:
cause not everyone did wait till their old enough.. the laws are fairly recent arent they?

No. And who would insure you anyway? :whistling

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
what sort of car is it? my nephew couldnt wait till he was off his p's, he car is highly unroadworthy he decided to put a nice red 308 in his VK commodore, i thought you were able to drive a 308 commodore? maybe im wrong, but my nephew got pulled over heaps of times, mostly because of air pollution and they pop the bonnet and tell him he has no pollution gear and **** like that, i guess depends on what sort of police are in your town, otherwise not sure there is anyway of getting through to them