Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting A Vs

P

Pun

Hi,
I am going to buy my mum's vs exec 1995 off her. We agreed that I would pay what she would normally get trade in and I was wondering how much that would be.
It has done 135,000k's and motor and interior are perect however the body work needs a bit of attention as it has a few dings in it.

How much would I be looking at?

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
95 model so it would be series 1....with 135000k's thats alright i suppose..my ex-counsil car had 128000 when i got it and its 97....id say around $9k maybe $8.5k
get her to fix the dings but

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
$4900-$6400 is what you would normally get for a trade-in, cept it has lower k's than the average (150-180k's) is the average, but then again, it has a few dings in it 2! Id say around the 5.5k mark!

D

dumpd6

id say for a vs around 6-7.5 g,s but it prob worth 8 because dont forget car yards offer you the lowest amount because they hav to make there share off it

stheggie

Reaction score
I once out of curiosity got a car dealer to value my car as a trade in,
Its a 95 VS Exec. They told me $7000 . I thought that was a bit rough considering its only done around 80,000 k's and is in new condition.

P

Pun

Oh and another question..
Who would have a reasonable price on insurance. Surely somebody does a lot cheaper than $2500 a year. Its not a Monaro for peets sake

D

death-from-above

Just to give you an idea, through AAMI i pay $1774 a year for full comp, first yr with full comp, and they have given me a rating three (2 prev yrs with 3rd party with diff companies - no claims) Tee VS Berlina is insured for $13500, and you get 10% off a year if you do the driving course that is free.

RACV was about the same but car was insured for market value and not agreed.

P

Pun

Yeah if they were all about the same I was gonna go with AAMI because of the discount when you do the course and your parents are with them. Im assuming that since i've never been insured before that I will get a rating 6

D

death-from-above

Yeah if this is first time you have had insurance expect it to be pretty high, it will go down every year so dont worry. You have to start somewhere and building up a insurance rating while your young will help you later in life if you want to insure a more expensive car. Which means dont put it under your parents name jsust because its cheaper because when your older you will have to put it in your name and it will cost you more than a small fortune.

The driving course is just a bonus, i was going to do it anyway because of my parents being with AAMI so it just makes sense that i stick with AAMI if i get the discount. Oh by the way AAMI only do agreed value so theres no chance of getting it cheaper for market value.

Another thing, if your going to be with AAMI be aware that for the first year you will have to pay the full years premium up front, then on you can pay bi-yearly. With RACV however you can pay monthly but it attracts an extra 5% per year.

Happy motoring