Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting compressions up for LPG operation on a vs engine

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
Hi all - I have the above in engine in pieces atm & I am doing a freshen up of the motor & setting it up for LPG.

My problem is getting compression higher than std & I wanted to go as far as 11.5 or something close to that - I checked out VT pistons as they run higher compressions & they appear to be the same as the VS.

I do not want forged pistons as its not a performance application - I intend to see what I can do for torque & fuel economy without spending a fortune as its future is in towing trailers etc.

I intended to just deck the block / heads / valley cover & shim up the rockers - but they are std pistons with 2 or 2.5 mm oil rings ($185 odd) & the other types are 3 mm which are half the price.

If I go with replacing the pistons I will achieve what I want without doing a lot of work in machining blocks etc. Has anyone gone down this road at all & prepared to help out with some info ???