Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting confused nd over it

Schwarz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000
Hi
So this just started happening a few days ago
I replaced my ignition barrell nd key nd fob no problems at all starting always first pop never got it programmed as it's a project I'm working on nd open close with the key..so
As of yesterday the car wont crank over lights are on the dash are on nd battery is good
Gave the starter motor a wack a few times gave the wires around the steering column a few wriggles nd only get a few fire ups nd runs for a few seconds nd cuts out with a cough, also cleaned the metal on the ignition nd key fob to
So is it the fob that needs to be programmed to get it in sync with the bcm
Is it the bcm I have taken this out and it was full of dust so gave it a soft wipe down nd cleaned the connections
What way does the battery sit in the fob or doesn't that matter
I'm hoping the clean up of the bcm makes a difference other than that I need some help
Cheers everyone

Schwarz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000
Hi
So this just started happening a few days ago
I replaced my ignition barrell nd key nd fob no problems at all starting always first pop never got it programmed as it's a project I'm working on nd open close with the key..so
As of yesterday the car wont crank over lights are on the dash are on nd battery is good
Gave the starter motor a wack a few times gave the wires around the steering column a few wriggles nd only get a few fire ups nd runs for a few seconds nd cuts out with a cough, also cleaned the metal on the ignition nd key fob to
So is it the fob that needs to be programmed to get it in sync with the bcm
Is it the bcm I have taken this out and it was full of dust so gave it a soft wipe down nd cleaned the connections
What way does the battery sit in the fob or doesn't that matter
I'm hoping the clean up of the bcm makes a difference other than that I need some help
Cheers everyone
Just to add key ignition etc have been in it for a good year

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Once you remove battery from fob it no longer programed, if you don't have a matching pair the PCM wont communicate, Most fobs can be copied from the locksmiths if you haven't removed the battery from it, or you can get this,

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Also that long blade can twist stopping it from starting as it doesn't hit the contacts, cheap barrels don't last long, without looking at it its hard to say what it is, if you haven't got the original key fob or removed the battery its no longer programmed, also swap your starter relay under the bonnet with another one like headlights they are all the same just in case its sticking.

Schwarz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000
Also that long blade can twist stopping it from starting as it doesn't hit the contacts, cheap barrels don't last long, without looking at it its hard to say what it is, if you haven't got the original key fob or removed the battery its no longer programmed, also swap your starter relay under the bonnet with another one like headlights they are all the same just in case its sticking.

Schwarz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000
Hi Trev
I did the relays this avo n no joy there
Do you buy those gadgets from super cheap for around 70 bucks
And if I buy a second hand bcm with its original fob will that do as well
I'm on a 313 bcm

Schwarz

Reaction score
Members Ride