Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting it up issues lol

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
on a mission to do my own brakes, oils etc (sedan)

Have bought everything parts wise and have bought 2 car stands all good

next i need a jack, i gotta get her up high enough to get stands under... got few dilemmas....

# car is lowered on LOWS not super lows, i got 12cm from k-frame to ground, 13cm under door seals
------> most standard jacks minimum height are 14cm

# should i buy a lowered jack $99 grrrr or is there a trick, to lift her up higher first, to get the standard jack underneath? theres a 14cm jack on gumtree $30

# im on my own and driving it up over wood to get her higher, the wood will just slide yea?

# im working on gravel, see pic, so im gonna have to put board under the jack too? this means another 2cm on height of jack with board under it

# can i use any wood under the jack or does it have to be ply wood? wheres a quick place to get some boards?

# looking at the pic, is it ok to put wood under my car stands? or have the stands sit on the gravel?​

ive got no where else i can do this, and this graveled area is all ive got

20180508_120702.jpg

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
As low n slo said, you will need planks of some type.
Years ago I bought a 3 metre painters timber plank from a garage sale for $5 and cut it in half then placed one end of each on bricks (I see you have some) and drove up.
You will also need timber under the stands and a plank under the jack although using timber under a trolley jack is quite dangerous.
Builders Hire will hire you planks.
Timber yards and demolition yards will have timber as do Bunnings
Old railway sleepers will also do.
Is it possible to do it on the road or maybe an industrial area where they don't work on weekends.
Use their concreted area..

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Thankyou

Also once i jack it up do i put the car stands under the door seals scissor jack area or some else

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Thankyou

Also once i jack it up do i put the car stands under the door seals scissor jack area or some else
I usually put them under the lower control arms, but where ever you feel safe with them as you are on gravel where as I have concrete.