Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting power to the ground VS UTE

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Is this a bare-bones empty ute? They are hopeless for traction. Try adding a towbar and tray liner for a bit more weight on the rear.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Is this a bare-bones empty ute? They are hopeless for traction. Try adding a towbar and tray liner for a bit more weight on the rear.

And a couple of bags of cement!!!

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I had to laugh at the bit where he said his near stock Ecotec has a fair bit of power

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
No traction probs here she hauls ass!
7BWjnoT.jpg

VSBOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I had to laugh at the bit where he said his near stock Ecotec has a fair bit of power

Considering Its faster than most NA cars (excluding 8's) it's not that funny. Of course v8's are readily available for discussion and comparison to the 6 so I'm hardly new to this joke.

Also. I wouldn't consider $1000 dollars worth of mods "stock"
Just because I haven't got forced induction or forged internals doesn't make this thing stock :)

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I wouldn't consider $1000 dollars worth of mods "stock"

Dude don't take this the wrong way, but my extractors plus the high temp ceramic coating cost just over $1100

Most people would have a bit of a laugh, even if they don't laugh in front of you if you tell them your ecotech has a fair bit of power, especially with only very minor mods like you have. You just happened to post it on a public forum where you are open to the odd joke or sarcastic comment. Nobody means any harm by it.
Maybe next time you could say it "goes alright" or it "goes well for what it is"

And for whatever it's worth, I'm on my third ecotech engine powered commodore.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Considering Its faster than most NA cars (excluding 8's) it's not that funny. Of course v8's are readily available for discussion and comparison to the 6 so I'm hardly new to this joke.

Also. I wouldn't consider $1000 dollars worth of mods "stock"
Just because I haven't got forced induction or forged internals doesn't make this thing stock :)
I used to have a vs v6 (sedan) with pretty much the same mods they go alright don't get me wrong but then I discovered the mighty v8

VSBOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Most people would have a bit of a laugh, even if they don't laugh in front of you if you tell them your ecotech has a fair bit of power, especially with only very minor mods like you have. Maybe next time you could say it "goes alright" or it "goes well for what it is"

The deffintion of fair: sufficient but not ample or : adequate <a fair understanding of the work>

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
The deffintion of fair: sufficient but not ample or : adequate <a fair understanding of the work>

I commend you on your reply, at least you didn't take it to heart, get all upset and start carrying on like a twat :thumbsup:

VSBOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I commend you on your reply, at least you didn't take it to heart, get all upset and start carrying on like a twat :thumbsup:

Hahah cheers. Life short for that.
Thanks everyone for their replies and suggestions. Going to by a good strong Diff and see if that helps. (Hoping to find a cheap lSD) I'll keep everyone posted